Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Advice: End of roll, Should I try sheet vs roll paper  (Read 622 times)

disneytoy

Advice: End of roll, Should I try sheet vs roll paper
« on: October 20, 2017, 08:24:02 pm »

Hello!

Well I have an order on 44" Epson Watercolor paper on my 9890. I'm guestimating I have 60 inches or so, and I need to print a 30x40 (34x44").

Would I be better off printing it as SHEET vs ROLL, just in case I get close to the end?  I'm guessing I need a minimum of about 18-20" from the edge of the roll to the print head.

I don't have any more of this paper, and have to ship tomorrow. Don't want to screw up.

If I tell it it is a sheet, but it is obviously longer than 34" I wont be able to auto cut it.

Just need some advice in handling near end of roll expensive paper.

Thanks

Max

William Chitham

Re: Advice: End of roll, Should I try sheet vs roll paper
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2017, 08:54:29 am »

I'm not familiar with Epson printers but with my HPz3200 I have on many occasions pushed a bit of A4 paper in after the dissappearing end of the roll to kid the printer that there's enough paper to finish the print. So long as the drive roller has something to grip the print will be fine, the paper sensor is 4" or 5" from the drive roller which is often the difference between a finished print and failure. You also need to know how the paper is secured to the core. Some aren't attached at all, some (Hahnemuele for instance) use a few small pieces of not very sticky tape which the printer will easily pull off. Innova use a lot of very sticky masking tape, if that gets to the drive roller you're in for a long tedious job extracting it. Don't know how Epson do it but since you know the end is close I would stand by with a sharp knife and cut it off the roll when the end appears.

Good Luck.

William Chitham.
Pages: [1]   Go Up