Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: After Ophelia  (Read 1640 times)

KMRennie

After Ophelia
« on: October 19, 2017, 07:40:42 am »

Not a hurricane by the time that it reached UK but it did knock down a few lovely birch trees in Borrowdale. I will try and experiment with non WOW processing so any comments welcome. Ken

Alskoj

Re: After Ophelia
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2017, 11:44:03 am »

Very nice!
What is WOW processing?

KMRennie

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2017, 12:18:02 pm »

By non wow processing I mean not boosting saturation, sharpening and contrast to the point where where the image looks unnatural. People can process images any way that they wish but all to often produce "I wish that it had looked like this" images that are long on impact and short on subtlety. Ken

Kevin Gallagher

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2017, 05:00:13 pm »

Hi Ken, looks very good to me. BTW, when I heard that a hurricane was headed toward Ireland and the UK I though it kind of strange. Turns out it was, according to a Weather blog somewhere this, was a record event.

Kevin in CT
Kevin In CT
All Animals Are Equal But Some Are More Equal
 George Orwell

KMRennie

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2017, 08:09:13 pm »

Thanks Alskoj and Kevin. Looking at this and other images from that day. They are full of textured images with great leading lines going nowhere. Just as well that this location is quite close and it was a pleasant day out. Ken

Paulo Bizarro

• http://www.paulobizarro.com
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2017, 04:10:43 am »

Good image.

As for Ophelia, it had an important role in last weekend's fires that devastated Portugal, leading (thus far) to 45 dead... however, the major role was the inaptitude of the government, that took no lessons from the 65 dead in another fire in June...

thierrylegros396

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2017, 05:16:32 am »

I like the non WOW processing :) ;) ;)

And I use it very often.

Thierry

KMRennie

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2017, 06:04:10 am »

Paulo I was in Northern Portugal last month and was saddened by the damage done by the previous fires. It is a lovely area with friendly and helpful people. The land was parched with many small rivers down to a trickle. It is very difficult to contemplate what more fires whipped up by a storm would do. My heart goes out to the population of this area. This tragedy puts photography into its proper context as an enjoyable hobby for me and an excuse to visit lovely places and meet wonderful people who were endlessly patient with me. Ken
Pages: [1]   Go Up