Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lightroom Classic CC bug ridden on Win 10 V1709  (Read 2607 times)

Dave Rosser

• My Website
Lightroom Classic CC bug ridden on Win 10 V1709
« on: October 18, 2017, 12:11:40 pm »

Updated to Win 10 V1709 last night and installed the new Lightroom Classic CC today - my own fault I suppose  :-[ .  The new Lightroom Classic CC is a disaster, at the moment it is totally unusable as I can't get the develop module to work most of the time, using with a 2 screen setup is no better than it ever was.
On the other hand the new Lifgtroom CC seems to work quite nicely.
Any one else experiencing dificulties?
Thank goodness my main editing appl;ication is Capture One (which works perfectly on V1709).

Dave

Simon Garrett

Re: Lightroom Classic CC bug ridden on Win 10 V1709
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2017, 01:01:22 pm »

Only had a quick try but so far no problems on W10 1709.  Much faster, Develop module works OK. 

Can you describe your problems in more detail?

I kept Lightroom 2015, but there are some issues keeping both: you can't run both at the same time, and if you save metadata to XMP then you get conflicts (as they both write to the same sidecar file). 

Dave Rosser

• My Website
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2017, 01:12:41 pm »

To be honest I don't know where to start but I am begining to think it is something to do with having the new Lightroom CC as well as Lightroom Classic CC on the same machine, I will uninstall the former (which works perfectly  :-\ ) and try again.

Dave Rosser

• My Website
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2017, 01:41:44 pm »

Found the problem, Lightroom Classic CC totaly corupted my old catalogue when I installed it - I wondered why it was taking so long and using all my 32 gig of memory  >:( .
When I started a new catalogue and imported a few hundred pictures into that all worked perfectly.  Good job I have backups of the old catalogue - now I must work out how to import this into Classiuc CC.

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2017, 02:47:51 pm »

In "Classic", open a backup of the old catalogue. It will then convert it and leave the old catalogue untouched.

I have found "Classic" and the new "LRCC" perfectly compatible on the same W10 computer. No stability problems.

Dave Rosser

• My Website
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2017, 05:32:29 pm »

In "Classic", open a backup of the old catalogue. It will then convert it and leave the old catalogue untouched.

I have found "Classic" and the new "LRCC" perfectly compatible on the same W10 computer. No stability problems.
I think my problems occured because I installed LRCC first and edited some files with it then installed the new classic which got in a total mess "synchronising"  at the same time as updating the old catalogue. It seemed to be continuously reading from the hard disk till all the 32 gig of memory was full then releasing the memory and starting again.  I would advise anyone to install and run classic,make sure all is ok before installing the new lightroom cc.

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2017, 12:48:00 am »

Hi,

Same here after a short test.

Best regards
Erik

Only had a quick try but so far no problems on W10 1709.  Much faster, Develop module works OK. 

Can you describe your problems in more detail?

I kept Lightroom 2015, but there are some issues keeping both: you can't run both at the same time, and if you save metadata to XMP then you get conflicts (as they both write to the same sidecar file).
Erik Kaffehr

Pages: [1]   Go Up