Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canson Platine fiber on Epson P7000, recommended media settings?  (Read 1369 times)

André Denis

Hello all,
I'm having strange result with this paper (24'' Roll, 310g), but before we go into the details, i would like to exclude wrong media settings on my part.
Canson recommends to set the media as Premium Luster Photo Paper (260).  This might be ok for the ink side, but surely cannot be ok for paper thickness and platen gap, since the Platine is almost twice as thick as the epson paper.
If you use this paper on Epson Sure Color PX000 printers, and you are happy with the results, what are your settings for:
- paper thickness
- platen Gap

Thank you.
Once we clear this, then we can go in the 'fun' part.

A.

tonyrom

Re: Canson Platine fiber on Epson P7000, recommended media settings?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2017, 02:54:49 pm »

Hi Andre',

I use the same setting as the Epson Legacy Platine paper.  Don't have the setting at the moment, check Epson's website.

André Denis

Re: Canson Platine fiber on Epson P7000, recommended media settings?
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2017, 09:06:20 pm »

Hello all,
I'm having strange result with this paper (24'' Roll, 310g), ...
A.

Thank you Tony.
I also used your suggestion, and the issue is still there.   So i guess it is not due to the print head scraping the paper.
I bought a 24 inch roll of Canson Platine Fiber a few months ago and just starting to use it.
My subject matter very often include large deep dark areas.  The whole print (20x30) is covered with tiny white spots.  If there was a few, you would think there are dust, either there before the ink is sprayed, or after.   But the density of these spots are so uniform that i did not believe they are dust marks.  Made a few prints of two different image, same result.  I tried a media settings having a think paper! same result. 
Got my microscope out and looked!   There appears to be tiny fractures in the surface, and somehow the ink is not absorbed in those fractures and they stay white.  Could these fractures indicate a very old paper roll?  Fabrication defect?  Is this normal with this paper in a roll format? I had used, in the past, cut sheet version of this paper, and like it a lot. no signs of this 'white noise'.

I'm attaching a picture showing the artifact.   
Lit by strong lights, 45 degree angle.

Any idea?  should i bring the roll back to the vendor?
Thanks for your time
A.
Pages: [1]   Go Up