Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Annoying EPSON R2880 Problem  (Read 985 times)

Robert Boire

• www.robertboire.ca
Annoying EPSON R2880 Problem
« on: October 14, 2017, 10:21:41 am »

Hello,

I have a problem with my R2880 which I cannot seem to resolve.

I recently changed out the photo black cartridge for matt black so I could print on watercolor paper. After I printed, I put back the same photo black cartridge. I received an error message that there was not enough ink to put back the same  photo black cartridge (which I doubt).

I put in a brand new photo black cartridge. The printer "sees" the new cartridge in the sense that it identifies it and shows it as full. However I cannot select any of the papers that use photo black (selections are greyed out). I can only select papers that use matt black (which are incompatible). So I cannot print. Its as if some part of the printer still thinks it is using matt black.

I tried rebooting, cycling printer on and off, reconnecting the USB connection etc.  Nothing helped. I also contacted EPSON. I did NOT try reinstalling the driver as I will loose all my presets...and surely there must be a better way!

Suggestions?

rasworth

Re: Annoying EPSON R2880 Problem
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2017, 10:48:27 am »

1. Did you unplug the printer from wall outlet, otherwise it's still on regardless of power switch.
2. Settings can be exported from the Save dialog, later imported if you reinstall drivers.

Richard Southworth

Farmer

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2017, 04:46:50 pm »

Are you using OS X / MacOS?

Did you use the driver to initiate a black ink change or did you just do it on the printer panel?  If just via the printer, the OS hasn't understood there is a change and it still thinks you have MK and that's why it won't let you print.  Sometimes going through the process via the driver works, other times you have to uninstall and reinstall the driver.  This is a Mac-only issue for some reason.

If you're not on Mac, then this is a very odd thing, but I'd start with uninstalling and reinstalling the driver.

As for the printer always being "on" even when switched off but plugged in - not in any meaningful way to the printer or the OS.
Phil Brown

JeanMichel

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2017, 06:35:56 pm »

Perhaps you could install a second printer for for the MK ink, R2880 and %2880-2. Use one or the other when using PK or MK.
Pages: [1]   Go Up