Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon 5D Prices  (Read 2941 times)

trigeek

Canon 5D Prices
« on: September 12, 2006, 12:46:05 pm »

Hello All,
Just wishful thinking, but... Wondering what those of you who have recently purchased a Canon 5D are paying. I have seen a number of ads for 5D's <$2500, and am quite skeptical... I mean that they all state factory fresh and USA warranty... BUT, this seems way too good to be true. Anyone actually buy one of these camera's at this kind of price? A number of Brooklyn houses are advertizing in the $2K neighborhood, while the more established houses never go below $2900.

nma

Canon 5D Prices
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2006, 12:58:50 pm »

Hello All,
Just wishful thinking, but... Wondering what those of you who have recently purchased a Canon 5D are paying. I have seen a number of ads for 5D's <$2500, and am quite skeptical... I mean that they all state factory fresh and USA warranty... BUT, this seems way too good to be true. Anyone actually buy one of these camera's at this kind of price? A number of Brooklyn houses are advertizing in the $2K neighborhood, while the more established houses never go below $2900.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=76115\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

These low ball prices are well known. All reports indicate they are bogus and even fraudulent.  Caveat emptor.

aksundevil

Canon 5D Prices
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2006, 01:36:55 pm »

Yes, bought a Nikon D2x from a retailer like the ones you're describing. Everything said usa/usa warranty, but Nikon said gray market when I sent it in for repairs. Do not trust them because they will lie to make a sale.

trigeek

Canon 5D Prices
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2006, 01:48:51 pm »

Thanks... I figured as much.... "If it sounds too good to be true, it is"

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
Canon 5D Prices
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2006, 04:52:33 pm »

I paid $2830 after finding such ads, ordering from such a company only to get a phone call "do you want the US version?" In short, bait and switch. Got mine from Amazon since I got a lot of extra points (money back) using my Amazon Visa.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".
Pages: [1]   Go Up