Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Kenko Pro 1 Digital filters  (Read 17275 times)

Khurram

Kenko Pro 1 Digital filters
« on: September 12, 2006, 11:03:35 am »

I just wanted to confirm that the Kenko Pro 1 Digital filters are the same as Hoya Pro1 filters.  

A local camera store person said they are the same and that Kenko is the Parent company for Hoya.

My sceptcism is because the price of the Kenko Pro1 Digital filters in Canada is less then the Hoya Pro 1 filters in the USA.

A UV Kenko Pro 1 77mm filter costs 69CDN in Calgary, while a Hoya Pro 1 costs $87USD at B&H.

Ordinarily there is usually at least a 30% saving from buying from the USA
----
[url=http://www.pbase.com/kssphotog

marcmccalmont

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2006, 03:17:06 pm »

I just wanted to confirm that the Kenko Pro 1 Digital filters are the same as Hoya Pro1 filters. 

A local camera store person said they are the same and that Kenko is the Parent company for Hoya.

My sceptcism is because the price of the Kenko Pro1 Digital filters in Canada is less then the Hoya Pro 1 filters in the USA.

A UV Kenko Pro 1 77mm filter costs 69CDN in Calgary, while a Hoya Pro 1 costs $87USD at B&H.

Ordinarily there is usually at least a 30% saving from buying from the USA
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=76113\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yes they are the same I travel to Tokyo a lot and all filters there are branded Kenko Pro 1 D they are identical to the Hoya pro 1 Ds that I bought from B&H Cheaper in Japan also. Either an item in Japan is of equal or better quality than in the States they usually keep the best for themselves.
Marc
Marc McCalmont

output555

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2009, 07:22:36 am »

Quote from: marcmccalmont
Yes they are the same I travel to Tokyo a lot and all filters there are branded Kenko Pro 1 D they are identical to the Hoya pro 1 Ds that I bought from B&H Cheaper in Japan also. Either an item in Japan is of equal or better quality than in the States they usually keep the best for themselves.
Marc

I can also confirm that Kenko and Hoya are the same. I've ordered several Kenko Pro 1D UV filters and been impressed by their quality. Same as Hoya, except for significantly less $$$.
Pages: [1]   Go Up