Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: About The Coffee Corner  (Read 2992 times)

Kevin Raber

• Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber
About The Coffee Corner
« on: October 08, 2017, 07:47:41 pm »

Enough is Enough!  The Coffee Corner has always been a place to share a thought or view not covered in our other forum topics and relating to the field of photography.  Lately, it has gotten to be a political and religious platform.  This will be no more.  There are plenty of other platforms to express your political and religious views.  We will also not tolerate the personal attacks on others because of what they say or believe. 

From this point on if any political or other rhetoric appears in the Coffee Corner or any topic, it will be promptly removed.  If there are personal attacks on forum members then the poster will be banned. There is enough rudeness out in the world today. This forum will not be part of that.

Let’s get back to what this forum is all about - Photography.  There is enough going on in this field to have many discussions.

Thank you for being a part of the Luminous-Landscape family.
Kevin Raber
kwr@rabereyes.com
kevin@photopxl.com
rockhopperworkshops.com
photopxl.com

Paulo Bizarro

• http://www.paulobizarro.com
Re: About The Coffee Corner
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2017, 05:47:17 am »

Thanks a lot for this Kevin.

brianrybolt

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2017, 09:03:59 am »

Thank you Kevin.  This is very welcomed.

Best,
Brian

Dladymon

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2017, 04:50:32 pm »

Thank you Kevin!  Much appreciated!

GrahamBy

• Some of my photos
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2017, 05:44:29 am »

Bravo.

vjbelle

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2017, 07:38:29 am »

Its about time!!  This has been a political platform for some of the revered here on LL and went way, way over the top. 

Victor

Rob C

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2017, 07:27:21 am »

Its about time!!  This has been a political platform for some of the revered here on LL and went way, way over the top. 

Victor

Whilst it's impossible to age gracefully without picking up the odd wrinkle or two, I have to say that a benefit of age is the understanding that religion and politics seldom lend themselves to reasoned debate.

However, that understanding, of itself, is no protection from temptation - rather fitting, all considering, and so it's with heavy heart I have to confess falling into sin, too.

But something puzzles me: who, in your opinion, are the so-called revered? I had imagined that here, at least, everyone was open to ridicule in equal measure. But then again, I am often mistaken.

Rob C

vjbelle

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2017, 08:49:36 am »

I suggest you meander to the beloved Coffee Corner and 'see' what's missing.  That will give you a good starting point.  Some of those discussions you actually participated in.  I could easily start naming but I won't.....

Victor

Rob C

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2017, 09:35:48 am »

1.  I suggest you meander to the beloved Coffee Corner and 'see' what's missing.  That will give you a good starting point. 2. Some of those discussions you actually participated in. 3.  I could easily start naming but I won't.....

Victor

1.  Your opening gambit defeats me: there's clearly no way for me to see that which is rendered invisible. Obviously.

2. So I said.

3. Cluck, cluck, softly into the night...

;-)

Rob C
Pages: [1]   Go Up