Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ravello  (Read 1487 times)

Andres Bonilla

Ravello
« on: October 05, 2017, 02:26:09 pm »

Beautiful town.

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
Re: Ravello
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2017, 03:37:49 pm »

Truly wonderful stuff, Andres. I'm especially taken with #2, though the very short lens distorts more than I'd like.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

Rob C

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2017, 04:11:31 pm »

Yes, a great set from a beautiful part of the world. Another (rich) artist's favourite hideaway.

Did you get to Amalfi - you must have - or a bit further up to Agerola Bomerano?

My first trip abroad with my wife-to-be when my mother was living in Italy... fabulous days. But terrifying bus rides up the mountains with multi-point-turns with the back end of the bus in space. Maybe that's why we didn't venture that far south again.

Hence the name of the website. Now you know. Thanks for the bitter-sweet!

Rob

Andres Bonilla

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2017, 09:23:38 pm »

Truly wonderful stuff, Andres. I'm especially taken with #2, though the very short lens distorts more than I'd like.

Thanks Russ! The subject of the focal lens always came out when using such a wide angle, I tried correcting in Photoshop and I did like it without so much distortion but I also liked the fish eye look of it. I am curious as how many photographers care or don't care for the super wide look.

Andres Bonilla

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2017, 09:27:27 pm »

Thanks Rob! I did go to Amalfi and Positano but did not go to Agerola Bomerano, actually I did not know about it. The road was fun and the bus drivers were excellent! The food was great and the old charm was fantastic. I would love to come back there and also Sorianno Nel Cimino.

Yes, a great set from a beautiful part of the world. Another (rich) artist's favourite hideaway.

Did you get to Amalfi - you must have - or a bit further up to Agerola Bomerano?

My first trip abroad with my wife-to-be when my mother was living in Italy... fabulous days. But terrifying bus rides up the mountains with multi-point-turns with the back end of the bus in space. Maybe that's why we didn't venture that far south again.

Hence the name of the website. Now you know. Thanks for the bitter-sweet!

Rob

Rob C

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2017, 09:24:23 am »

Thanks Russ! The subject of the focal lens always came out when using such a wide angle, I tried correcting in Photoshop and I did like it without so much distortion but I also liked the fish eye look of it. I am curious as how many photographers care or don't care for the super wide look.

It depends on how it's used. In your case, I think that you've done very well by it. I especially like the effect in Ravello Alley. That sunlight highlight is fantastic...

The Italians do it better than in Mallorca. Here, art is secondary; the economy made it so when things were being built back then. The poverty in southern Italy didn't prevent the peolpe there from doing it with beauty, though. Some think Italians go overboard and the work looks a bit twee; I disagree: I think they just have a better eye, even today when we are really talking about restoration and gentrification.

You make me envious all over again - and I thought I was too ancient to care anymore!

Maybe I can draw some consolation by thinking of earthquakes.

;-)

Rob

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2017, 10:30:20 am »

Maybe I can draw some consolation by thinking of earthquakes.

::)

Got so focused on #2 that I forgot to mention how much, as a long-time mountain dweller, I appreciate #4. I love it, Andres! Bravo!
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

Andres Bonilla

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2017, 01:08:27 am »

Something I loved were the details of the structures, so much texture and history. I spent a good deal of time having coffee and cannelloni and just watching the stones, roads and doors.

Andres Bonilla

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2017, 01:09:52 am »

Even the water fountains for people were beautiful.

Andres Bonilla

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2017, 01:11:48 am »

Light and textures.

farbschlurf

• fototypo
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2017, 03:08:28 am »

Nice details. One can become addicted searching for those, I know ...
Pages: [1]   Go Up