Raw & Post Processing, Printing > Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks

Warm metallic paper

(1/2) > >>

David Eckels:
I am looking for a "warm" metallic paper for a client's project. I have thought about Moab Pearl. Any other suggestions?

Ernst Dinkla:
They all contain OBAs somewhere in their construction. The screenshot of SpectrumViz will tell you. If you can live with a pearlescent type the Mitsubishi gives the warmest impression of all and its light reflection is better too.

Met vriendelijke groet, Ernst

http://www.pigment-print.com/spectralplots/spectrumviz_1.htm
March 2017 update, 750+ inkjet media white spectral plots

mearussi:
I've tried four, Moab, Breathing Color Vibrance Metallic, Red River (Mitsubishi) and  Kodak, and haven't noticed any of them having a "warmish" tint. My preference is for Breathing Color because it doesn't have a pearlescent look but is more like a metal print, but Red River is also nice.

Ernst Dinkla:

--- Quote from: mearussi on October 04, 2017, 10:12:58 am ---I've tried four, Moab, Breathing Color Vibrance Metallic, Red River (Mitsubishi) and  Kodak, and haven't noticed any of them having a "warmish" tint. My preference is for Breathing Color because it doesn't have a pearlescent look but is more like a metal print, but Red River is also nice.

--- End quote ---

Either Mitsubishi and/or Red River changed available papers since I made the measurements (pefectly possible, I get not enough samples here) but the ones I measured were different, visually and measured.

Met vriendelijke groet, Ernst

http://www.pigment-print.com/spectralplots/spectrumviz_1.htm
March 2017 update, 750+ inkjet media white spectral plots

sgwrx:
i recently tried epson metallic paper.  i did a comparison print between it and epson premium glossy.  the image was of a wedding couple (friends) that were standing outside in front of a rust/copperish colored wall.  i think depending on the angle i looked at on the epson metallic, it was HUGELY warm compared to the epson premium glossy.  i printed with factory profiles, from photoshop on epson 3880.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version