Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: H6X with Sinar Multishot Backs  (Read 1809 times)

Alabsiz

H6X with Sinar Multishot Backs
« on: October 03, 2017, 04:59:59 am »

I would like to mate the H6X with the Sinar Multishot "eXact" back, although I know it is compatible with previous H-System bodies, I am not sure if the H6 digital architecture if fully utilised, nor would I be surprised if it was.

Has anyone attempted this combination? As this currently presents the only Multishot alternative on the H6X.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 05:19:15 pm by Alabsiz »

delfalex

Re: H6X with Sinar Multishot Backs
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2017, 06:09:18 pm »

I'm not sure but I'm very interested to know how the different optics compared when testing: Being a microstep back and hence a studio camera - I'm guessing there's a reason you want to use H lenses over the Sinaron / Rodie ones if you are eyeing up an H6 over a RePro RC or other technical cam. So how do the HC lenses compare in comparison? (does the capture software support the lenses - with their required corrections)?

Best,

A

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alabsiz

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2017, 11:48:28 am »

You are quite right there are a few reasons, starting with the client refusing to move any of the museum pieces not only out of the building, but also out of the permanent displays they are currently using.  So this needed to be portable, particularly when requiring to shot from as many angles possible, which can be extremely cumbersome for some technical cameras (won't go as to say all). 

Furthermore, I personally have a large number of Hasselbald lenses with Extenders and Macro accessories, along with the HTS Tilt/Shift adapter which will come in handy at some point, the only thing missing is a Multishot back which is essential for this type of shoot unless of course I used an Annagram/Recay/Better light scan back of sought, but that would still bring us back to the issue of mobilising a Technical camera on sight location, which from what've already seen makes many shots near impossible.

So this brings us to the Sinar eXact back which a colleague of mine is renting out to me, and in order to use it I would need to mate it to a H-system body X series, and hence the Sinar back doesn't come with an LCD, I figured what better way than to attach it to a H6X because of the live view and touch screen, as oppose to the H5X or any other model series for that reason alone would mean light and day in workflow, particularly when not tethered to a Notebook/laptop.

Once I get my Unit tested and running, I may record and capture the whole experience and upload later to Vimeo or youtube.
Cheers
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 11:51:30 am by Alabsiz »

delfalex

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2017, 01:50:01 pm »

Ah I see - with owning existing lenses it is a lesser cost, and a back to rent it makes sense

You've lost me a bit on the H6X & touchscreen & liveview (as essentially it is just a body with a viewfinder), and the Exact has no screen - so just the viewfinder and tethered liveview are the only options for visual composing no?

Anyways, good luck and post a link when you've done the video - it'll be a helpful guide to those in a similar quandary.

A

Alabsiz

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2017, 05:59:21 am »

You've lost me a bit on the H6X & touchscreen & liveview
You are quite right, I must have got my wires crossed into thinking that that made a difference here which body I used!
You've just made my life easier thank you.

This is why I raise such questions in forums, I would have lost too much valuable time chasing a false thought only to realise it never mattered in the first place.  Perhaps it was that the H6 came with a brand new electronic circuit that somehow in my mind that translated to better connectivity or something like that... anyway.

Cheers
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 06:05:00 am by Alabsiz »

delfalex

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2017, 06:43:11 pm »

It's a pity it didn't work this way

It seems though that you'll have enough work on your hands moving the lighting from angle to angle & piece to piece:
...starting with the client refusing to move any of the museum pieces not only out of the building, but also out of the permanent displays they are currently using.  So this needed to be portable, particularly when requiring to shot from as many angles possible

Camera wise - With the diffraction starting at quite low aperture values on small pixel / high res backs you may well have to focus stack; Multishots will give you a couple more stops of grace: the older ones like the microsteps will easily give you F22+ before diffraction becomes visible but the live view for image composing is pretty bad (plus you need a heck of a lot of lighting). The H5D200c gives best of both worlds; live video & DoF (in that you can back off & crop into the image in post), but I'd suggest putting it behind some decent glass. In some ways it's a pity the XF doesn't accept Hassy backs as their built in focus stacking would be a help in this situation - maybe it'd be cheaper to rent one of those Trichromatic sensors on the back of one. After all if the client is demanding things to be a certain way then the demands demand certain costs.

A

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pages: [1]   Go Up