Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Auto Straighten and Keystone  (Read 4585 times)

brieisenberg

Auto Straighten and Keystone
« on: September 28, 2017, 01:13:20 pm »

I love C1 but have yet to figure out how to do to auto keystone corrections.  I know the option is there but when I click it nothing happens to the image.  Additionally, can C1 auto straighten? Thanks.

Brian

Bart_van_der_Wolf

Re: Auto Straighten and Keystone
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2017, 01:54:51 pm »

I love C1 but have yet to figure out how to do to auto keystone corrections.  I know the option is there but when I click it nothing happens to the image.  Additionally, can C1 auto straighten? Thanks.

Hi Brian,

"Hands-free" Auto straightening/rotation only works with the IQ-series digital backs, where the recorded orientation of the back is used for correction. So for other cameras, you still have to use one of the three auto Keystone correction tools.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

brieisenberg

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2017, 03:24:50 pm »

Thanks for the info Bart.  Thats quite an expensive feature!  You mentioned the other auto keystone methods.  The auto feature doesnt work regardless of the keystone mode Ive chosen.  Are you saying that auto keystone correction should work?

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2017, 04:00:36 pm »

Thanks for the info Bart.  Thats quite an expensive feature!  You mentioned the other auto keystone methods.  The auto feature doesnt work regardless of the keystone mode Ive chosen.  Are you saying that auto keystone correction should work?

No, the auto-correction with the  'A' icon only works with the IQ-series digital backs. The three methods of 'auto' keystone correction require manual input, with the 'auto' keystone correction tools, after which the Apply button will 'automatically' populate the required input fields. Leveling also requires drawing a line with the 'auto' straighten tool.

It does not function like the Adobe Upright tool.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

AndyS

• http://www.astannard.com
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2017, 02:22:32 am »

Hi,

After you click the keystone tool you should get some over-layed lines on your image, with circular grab handles at either end. Either vertical lines, horizontal lines or both, depending upon the keystone tool chosen.

Using the circles move the lines over the lines you want to be corrected (e.g the 2 sides of your building), and then click the 'apply' button which will be floating over the middle of your image. This should then 'automatically' put the correct values into the keystone tool.

The auto straighten tool is the little tool on the tool bar with a 270 degree anticlockwise circular arrow and a 'plus' symbol in the middle. After clicking on the tool click and drag over your desired horizon line and then let go - should then auto rotate your image.

Hope this helps,
Andy.

brieisenberg

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2017, 10:22:26 am »

"It does not function like the Adobe Upright tool" 

I wish they had something like this.... hint, hint
Pages: [1]   Go Up