Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Acquired used HP designjet z3200  (Read 1104 times)

Pouln

Acquired used HP designjet z3200
« on: September 25, 2017, 04:27:28 pm »

Hi all,

My name is Poul, I live in the Netherlands and I acquired a used (not much though) HP Z3200 24" Photo (Rev A.)
Before picking it up I checked it out and although it has been sitting unplugged for quite a while, after a number of cleaning cycles it printed ok. Diagnostic page shows nearly no interruptions on the nozzle check section, except for green. Although the green area at the top is flat, does not show any lines, I will probably repace the cartridge (just under 20% left) and then the head.
I bought it along with lots of media, 17 an 24 inch and boxes of A3 and A2 sheets, ink and printheads.
Paper alone was worth a lot more than I paid for the printer so I think I did a good deal.

I have 2 issues though.
1. There was no software disc and I am unable to locate the HP Printer Utility an Color Center on the HP websites. The printer came loaded with all the icc profiles for the papers that were included in the deal, but I cannot get those profiles to my computer (W10 X64). I'm assuming one needs the color center software for that. Correct? Can someone point me to a dowload location for this software?
2. Although the cutter worked when I checked the printer out, now that it is in my home, it doesn't anymore. The left lower button next to the screen advances the media but then nothing happens. Any ideas?

Hope someone can provide me with some pointers to get these solved.

Thanks in advance,

Poul
Cheers,

Poul

Garnick

Re: Acquired used HP designjet z3200
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2017, 04:53:28 pm »

Hi Poul,

I'm not at all familiar with the Z3200, since I use Epson printers.  However, I did a quick search on the HP site and found what I believe might be all you need.  If not, I'm sure you can find everything from the two following links.  This first one is where you would enter your printer name etc. - https://support.hp.com/ca-en/drivers.  For this one I went a step further and open the page with all of the downloads for that printer - https://support.hp.com/ca-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-designjet-z3200-photo-printer-series/3737540.  I hope this will help.  It will at least give you a good start.

Gary
Gary N.
"My memory isn't what it used to be. As a matter of fact it never was." (gan)

Pouln

Re: Acquired used HP designjet z3200
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2017, 05:18:57 pm »

Hi Gary,

Thanks for this. I was already at that page however the HPPU and color center do not show up as a dowloadable item.

I found some older links while searching but they do no longer work.

Cheers,

Poul
Pages: [1]   Go Up