Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Unable to output to more than one folder  (Read 1949 times)

ario

Unable to output to more than one folder
« on: September 24, 2017, 08:16:30 am »

This is a problem I never had in the past.
I am exporting a variant using two different recipes each one pointing to a different folder but the variant is actually exported with the two different recipes but to the same folder which is the latest selected.
I had a look into the two recipes files and the output locations are recorded properly but apparently CO Pro latest version is unable to consider the output location specified in the recipe and choose to output to the latest selected.
Any suggestion?

uptownguydenver

• Denverphotoscapes
Re: Unable to output to more than one folder
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2017, 10:45:25 am »

I just tried a test.
If two or more recipes have different Output Locations the last one (bottom one in the list) will be selected for both.

Process Recipe > File > Root Folder > Output Location  > Destination > {your selected location}

It appears that you can have the recipe above for one location and use the File option for the second

Process Recipe > File > Root Folder > {second location}

However, interesting, if you change the File > Root Folder > {second location} the {second location} changes in the > Output Location > Sample Path field.
Phase One Certified Professional. Available for Digital-Tech and photo assistant work in the Denver

ario

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2017, 12:02:01 pm »

I just tried a test.
If two or more recipes have different Output Locations the last one (bottom one in the list) will be selected for both.

Process Recipe > File > Root Folder > Output Location  > Destination > {your selected location}

It appears that you can have the recipe above for one location and use the File option for the second

Process Recipe > File > Root Folder > {second location}

However, interesting, if you change the File > Root Folder > {second location} the {second location} changes in the > Output Location > Sample Path field.
Is this the way it is supposed to work? I' m pretty sure it was ok in the past, now in my opinion it is not, unless I am doing something wrong.

uptownguydenver

• Denverphotoscapes
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2017, 01:00:02 pm »

After looking at the manual it appears the Output Location is the same for all selected output recipes. The bottom one in the list.

The way you can output to different Output Locations is to use the Subfolder field in the Process Recipe. That seems to be specific to each recipe.

So all variants will go to the save Output Location, but can be directed into subfolders within the Output Location folder.

"However, when two or more recipes are selected, you can use the File tab settings to create a folder for each (e.g., JPEGs in one folder, TIFFs to another), and then use the Output Location tool to output those folders to the same destination folder."

BTW: I clicked on the Online Help and the links are broken.
Phase One Certified Professional. Available for Digital-Tech and photo assistant work in the Denver

David Grover / Capture One

• Capture One
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2017, 04:10:39 am »

If "Root Folder" is set to "Output Location" Capture One will use whatever location is set in the "Output Location" tool.

Otherwise, set "Root Folder" to anything to have an independent location for that recipe.

David Grover
Business Support and Development Manager

ario

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2017, 04:34:40 am »

If "Root Folder" is set to "Output Location" Capture One will use whatever location is set in the "Output Location" tool.

Otherwise, set "Root Folder" to anything to have an independent location for that recipe.
David, this is exactly my problem: having set the Root Folder to Output Location the Output Location tool is not the one I have recorded in the recipe but the latest used. I have to choose the output folder in the root folder and ignore any indication in the output location tool. I am using a catalog.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 04:49:29 am by ario »

David Grover / Capture One

• Capture One
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2017, 06:20:21 pm »

David, this is exactly my problem: having set the Root Folder to Output Location the Output Location tool is not the one I have recorded in the recipe but the latest used. I have to choose the output folder in the root folder and ignore any indication in the output location tool. I am using a catalog.

Click on the "..." in the Output Location tool and click on Reset Tool.    You must have changed the location at some point.

David Grover
Business Support and Development Manager

ario

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2017, 07:46:25 pm »

Click on the "..." in the Output Location tool and click on Reset Tool.    You must have changed the location at some point.
I have already done it, but the output location tool always indicate the latest folder used, no matter which one has been selected in the recipe. I can replicate this on two different Mac and with different catalogs.
Pages: [1]   Go Up