Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Roll paper question for Canon Pro 4000 users  (Read 618 times)

Rob Reiter

• The LightRoom
Roll paper question for Canon Pro 4000 users
« on: September 22, 2017, 03:59:08 pm »

I've been using the Pro 4000 for about four months now and find it to be the worst printer for roll paper feeding I've ever used (including iPF 8400, 8300, 8100 and Epson 9800 and 9600.)

Just forget the "auto-feeding" feature for any heavier paper, in the 300 GSM range...it's worked maybe 1 in 20 tries using papers like Hahnemühle Photo Rag, Moab Entrada, Canson Baryta Photographique and others.

And terrible, also, for manual feeding. There is a lip just underneath the rollers that the release lever raises as the paper exits the printer, and the leading edge usually catches on that due to paper curl. Never had that happen ever on previous printers. Most of the time, I'm forced to lift it with a knife blade, grasp the edge with a pair of pliers and pull it through to align the edges and get the loading process finished. This on a "professional" printer!

Maybe my printer is a lemon and no one else is experiencing this. I'd love to hear other's experiences with the Pro 4000 before I confront Canon or my dealer with this, again. I complained about my early experience with this issue and they were sympathetic, but not of any help. It hasn't gotten better over time and I'm fed up up with it.

And don't get me started on that unadulterated piece of crap called "Print Studio Pro."  </rant>
http://www.lightroom.com Fine art printi
Pages: [1]   Go Up