Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Did LL start a new format for the Forum?  (Read 4454 times)

Goldilocks

• http://
Did LL start a new format for the Forum?
« on: September 08, 2006, 02:08:53 am »

I've been reading messages all day long. Suddenly, when I picked a topic I saw only one post and a tree with just the first few words of the post. Can I change it back to the way I use to see the forum? I don't know what I did, or if LL changed their format. I'm using Firefox if that makes a difference.
Need feedback please.

Woodcorner

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2006, 02:35:12 am »

I've been reading messages all day long. Suddenly, when I picked a topic I saw only one post and a tree with just the first few words of the post. Can I change it back to the way I use to see the forum? I don't know what I did, or if LL changed their format. I'm using Firefox if that makes a difference.
Need feedback please.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=75844\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

On the topright of a message you will find "Outline" "Standard", and "Linear+" . Clicking on either changes the appearance of forum messages. Most certainly you have set it to display "Outline".

Click on "Linear+" and all will be fine again.

Cheers,

Andrew

Goldilocks

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2006, 11:14:07 am »

On the topright of a message you will find "Outline" "Standard", and "Linear+" . Clicking on either changes the appearance of forum messages. Most certainly you have set it to display "Outline".

Click on "Linear+" and all will be fine again.

Cheers,

Andrew
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=75846\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks. May I ask another dumb question? If you want to quote just a line or two from someone else is there an easier way than what I am presently doing? Presently I hit quote then delete everything else in the message that I don't want.  I can't figure out if there is a cut or copy for just the part you want to put in the reply.
Thanks for putting up with me
Linda
(Goldilocks)

TomConnor

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2006, 12:34:03 pm »

Thanks. May I ask another dumb question? If you want to quote just a line or two from someone else is there an easier way than what I am presently doing? Presently I hit quote then delete everything else in the message that I don't want.

You could just add your own quote tags, they look like this (without the spaces):

[ quote ] and [ /quote ]

You put the stuff you want (copy and paste works for me) inbetween the two tags, HTML style.

(i have found, especially when wanting to address points, for example, this is the easiest way of doing things).

If you wish to include the person who quoted, then the first tag, as generated by the forum, looks like this (obv the date/time change depending on when the person posted):

[ quote=whoever,Sep 13 2006, 04:14 PM ] (without the space between the [ and quote and at the end of the tag)

You can remove the date and just use:

[ quote=whoever ] (again, minus the spaces) insted, if you like..

Hope that helps/was what you were looking for.
Tom Connor
Epidemiologist at large -----

Goldilocks

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2006, 01:52:48 pm »

You could just add your own quote tags, they look like this (without the spaces):

[ quote ] and [ /quote ]

You put the stuff you want (copy and paste works for me) inbetween the two tags, HTML style.

(i have found, especially when wanting to address points, for example, this is the easiest way of doing things).

If you wish to include the person who quoted, then the first tag, as generated by the forum, looks like this (obv the date/time change depending on when the person posted):

[ quote=whoever,Sep 13 2006, 04:14 PM ] (without the space between the [ and quote and at the end of the tag)

You can remove the date and just use:

[ quote=whoever ] (again, minus the spaces) insted, if you like..
Hope that helps/was what you were looking for.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=76227\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

[ quote ] and [ /quote ]

Thanks. I'll figure it out eventually, if this didn't come out right.

Dale_Cotton

• http://daystarvisions.com
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2006, 02:33:49 pm »

To create this:

I'll figure it out eventually, if this didn't come out right.
1) I went to your last message, dragged my mouse across the relevant text, then pressed Ctrl+C to copy it to the clipboard.

2) I clicked on the QUOTE "button" that I'm seeing above here (these include B, I, U, FONT, SIZE, etc.). That put a QUOTE tag at the cursor position in the edit box I'm now typing in.

3) I pressed Ctrl+V to paste the text I stole from you into the edit box.

4) I clicked on the *QUOTE button once again to add a close-QUOTE tag.

Voila - easy as 1, 2, 3, 4.

Goldilocks

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2006, 02:46:57 pm »

Voila - easy as 1, 2, 3, 4.

Yes! Voila!

Thanks Dale,

Linda
(Goldilocks)

Pages: [1]   Go Up