Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help with Epson 2400  (Read 3741 times)

sbuttrick

Help with Epson 2400
« on: September 07, 2006, 10:10:00 pm »

I just bought an Epson R2400 and am having profile issue.  In PSCS2 in the print settings dialog I can't select media type as Velvet Fine Art paper.  I see the profile but is grayed out and can't be selected.  I use a Mac and checked the profiles in Colorsync and it's there.  I have the Matte black ink in.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Scott
Best Regards
 Scott  www.luminous-vista.c

aksundevil

Help with Epson 2400
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2006, 10:42:13 pm »

I almost think I came across the same problem when first running my 2400 with epson velvet, but I can't remember the solution. It did eventually work because I know I used the profile the print on velvet a number of times. Have you tried loading a sheet of the paper before opening the print with preview dialogue? I'll get back to you if I can think of something else.

danamr

Help with Epson 2400
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2006, 11:00:40 pm »

I just bought an Epson R2400 and am having profile issue.  In PSCS2 in the print settings dialog I can't select media type as Velvet Fine Art paper.  I see the profile but is grayed out and can't be selected.  I use a Mac and checked the profiles in Colorsync and it's there.  I have the Matte black ink in.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Regards,
Scott
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=75830\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Check your setting for paper source.  I believe Velvet FA requires you feed through the thick paper slot.  If you try to select the normal paper feed the Velvet FA is not available.

Gene Coggins

Help with Epson 2400
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2006, 09:18:31 am »

I just bought an Epson R2400 and am having profile issue.  In PSCS2 in the print settings dialog I can't select media type as Velvet Fine Art paper.  I see the profile but is grayed out and can't be selected.  I use a Mac and checked the profiles in Colorsync and it's there.  I have the Matte black ink in.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Regards,
Scott
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=75830\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

More than likely you have Photo Black (PK) installed in the printer. Because of that you will only see paper profiles for PK inks in the print dialog window.

Load a Matte Black (MK) ink cartride and the paper profiles that use MK inks will show up in the print dialog window.

One more thing, if you are running a Mac you will have to go to the Printer Setup utility and delete the "old" printer with the PK ink and then reinstall the "new" printer with the MK ink. You need to do this everytime you change black inks. There are chips on the black ink cartridges that tell the computer what "kind of printer" you are currently running.

Gene

francois

Help with Epson 2400
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2006, 10:46:47 am »

...One more thing, if you are running a Mac you will have to go to the Printer Setup utility and delete the "old" printer with the PK ink and then reinstall the "new" printer with the MK ink. You need to do this everytime you change black inks. There are chips on the black ink cartridges that tell the computer what "kind of printer" you are currently running.
Yes, this is the important point and may also have to turn your printer OFF and then back ON.
Francois

sbuttrick

Help with Epson 2400
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2006, 03:03:07 pm »

Thanks you guys for answering.  I figured it out, I had to force the driver into the manual-roll mode.

Thanks again
Best Regards
 Scott  www.luminous-vista.c
Pages: [1]   Go Up