Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon Pro-2000; Initial Printing setup problems with X-Rite i1Profiler on Mac.  (Read 922 times)

Lust4Life

• Shadows Dancing

Need help from other Canon Pro users and X-Rite user:

Given:
I am setting up my new Canon Pro-2000.
Have the X-Rite iProfiler

Issue #1:
Want:
Build initial ICC profile for Hahnemuhle Fine Art Baryta 325gsm paper

Issues:
1.  Printing from the i1 Profiler to 8.5x11 sheet paper of just 400 patches = 1 sheet of paper.
Click on "Print" in the i1Profile screen.  Opens "Print" dialog box, click on Quality & Media - try to change the default setting of "Roll Paper (Auto) to "Cut Sheet".  CAN'T DO!  SETTING I WANT IS GRAYED OUT.
Also want to use the "Print Quality" setting of "Highest" but that is also grayed out.

QUESTION:  Must I save the Chart 400 Patches and print through Lightroom Canon Plug In?

2.  In an attempt to just get started, I have downloaded the manufacturers ICC profile and placed it in Computer-Library-ColorSync but the Canon print driver does not see it?
QUESTION:  What am I missing?  I changed the file to All Users for read and write but that made no difference.
---------------
Experimenting and finding must save patches to a tiff file, import to LR6, then use Canon's Print Studio Pro as follows:
9-16-2017 at 1:11PM

Printing i1Profile Patches Settings:
Print through Lightroom
   Import patch file
   Go to Print Studio Pro via Plug In
   Settings:
      Printer:  Canon Pro-2000
      Media Type:  Heavyweight Fine Art Paper
      Paper Size:  11.0w X 8.5h
      Paper Source:  Cut Sheet
      Print Quality:  Finest Quality
      Color Mode:  No Color Correction
      Rendering Intent:  Perceptual
      Color Matching Method:  OS Standard CMM

Then to the “Print” dialog box – go to Paper Handling – turn off “Scale to fit paper size.

« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 01:11:59 pm by Lust4Life »

jeyell

Be sure to use the Canon Printer utility that syncs mac OS updates with printer paper updates from MCT. You should start new papers in Canon's MCT and its in there you can define roll/sheet.

FYI This may not be your problem, but X-rite colormunki photo has a software issue that prevents new papers being profiled with pro 2/4k printers. Having setup a new custom paper in MCT, synced using printer utility, it fails to appear in munki's Printer settings Media Type drop-down when trying to print munki colour targets. There may be a workaround by saving targets to a PDF then printing from Photoshop, but not had time to verify. From the sounds of support (who having checked/confirmed my issue with 'corporate') gave a low chance of a fix as munki is....somewhat old (!). Still investigating, but since i1 is regularly updated this issue may not exist.
Pages: [1]   Go Up