Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lightroom 6 with CS6  (Read 1423 times)

alex

• Alex Ramsay Photography
Lightroom 6 with CS6
« on: September 12, 2017, 11:25:26 am »

Does anyone know exactly which of the LR6 settings are not recognised by CS6? I'm using LR 6.12 with CS6 13.0.6 and Camera Raw 9.1.1. Most settings seem to be read correctly, but every now and again I get an incorrectly rendered image in Photoshop.

Thanks,
Alex
Alex Ramsay
Website at http://www.alexra

Simon Garrett

Re: Lightroom 6 with CS6
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2017, 06:58:07 pm »

I don't, but why not choose the "Render with Lightroom" option when you edit in CS6 from LR6?  That way, Lightroom's in-built ACR is used, which of course will render all LR6 settings, and pass a TIFF (or PSD, your choice) to CS6.  The downside is that it's slightly slower to open an image in CS6, and the TIF is created when the image is opened in Photoshop, not just when the image is saved in PS. 

If you don't get the "Render with Lightroom" option when you open in image in CS6 from LR6, then probably you've checked "Don't ask me again" in the past.  Edit -> Preferences -> General tab and click "Reset all warning dialogs" and it should ask you again next time you open an image in CS6 from LR6. 

Denis de Gannes

Re: Lightroom 6 with CS6
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2017, 10:48:11 pm »

Does anyone know exactly which of the LR6 settings are not recognised by CS6? I'm using LR 6.12 with CS6 13.0.6 and Camera Raw 9.1.1. Most settings seem to be read correctly, but every now and again I get an incorrectly rendered image in Photoshop.

Thanks,
Alex

The latest version of Adobe Camera Raw in PS CS6 is version 9.1.1
Lightroom 6.12 is equivalent to Adobe Camera Raw 9.12 which is a version eleven times more advanced than Camera Raw 9.1.1
Equip: iMac (Ret. 5K,27"Mid 2015),macOS 10.15.6
Pages: [1]   Go Up