Equipment & Techniques > Cameras, Lenses and Shooting gear

Sony announcement

(1/4) > >>

BernardLanguillier:
It appears that Sony is about to make a major announcement.

Exciting times! ;)

Cheers,
Bernard

Paulo Bizarro:
Yup, my bet is on the A9R, to cater for all the GM lenses. Or perhaps a sports prime telephoto? Or both?

Or maybe just a simple FE 35 f2 lens, he, he.

davidgp:
Just an update to the RX10 line, natural update, with faster AF.

Looks like SonyAlphaRumours site was a bit misslead this time by its sources.

kers:
would not be the best moment...

Today is the iphoneX announcement and the d850 noise is still echoing around

davidgp:

--- Quote from: kers on September 12, 2017, 10:55:42 am ---would not be the best moment...

Today is the iphoneX announcement and the d850 noise is still echoing around

--- End quote ---

Yes, with Apple announcement, today it is not the best to announce anything if you want the news not to be cover up by Apples news in not pure photography blogs and social media.

So, I suppose that we have to go back to previous rumors, Sony A7 III around November and maybe some extra lens. As commented in other threads, A9r/A7r III or A7s III/A9s it is not expected until next year... (A7r II is still selling well for Sony...). Of course, I will more careful next time to read a rumor site saying something it is going to be "game changer", that will be more marketing people talking more than reality.

What it is more interesting for the presentation, for me, were the two previous announcements:

- Sony increasing sales of Full Frame cameras with respect previous year.
- Looks like they are putting effort to be seen in good eyes by Pro Sport and Events photographers, putting tech support in events like the US Open... even though very few Pros would have used Sony equipment there...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version