Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: At the bottom of Palouse Falls  (Read 817 times)

David Eckels

• It's just a camera.
    • Website
At the bottom of Palouse Falls
« on: September 09, 2017, 02:14:29 pm »

C&C welcome

farbschlurf

• fototypo
Re: At the bottom of Palouse Falls
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2017, 02:33:54 pm »

What should I say, you really managed to make a waterfall picture that is not like the usual ones. At least I have not seen anything similar, yet. It's really a new view, what better can be said? Great! Did you "plan" to make such a B&W out of it, or was it evolving in the processing itself?

David Eckels

• It's just a camera.
    • Website
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2017, 02:46:13 pm »

Thanks, Stefan, I am delighted and humbled by your comment.
I have been going through images to share on 500px and came across this one from a couple years ago. It was originally shot in flat light, very little color, but when I saw it again, the dynamism struck me and I decided to take the color out and rework it from that angle, light, dark, form, and line, etc. I am also starting to experiment with "dark darks" if that makes any sense and this seemed a suitable candidate. It is interesting for me to discover that while the image remains what it was, the "plan" evolves as we learn and grow. Thank you for the complement.

sdwilsonsct

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2017, 03:04:20 pm »

I am also starting to experiment with "dark darks" if that makes any sense and this seemed a suitable candidate.

I like it, David.

farbschlurf

• fototypo
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2017, 03:15:29 pm »

In this case the second chance for this picture is well deserved. Having a look (much) later is often valuable. I just asked because I rather am a "trial and error" type of guy, too, when it comes to processing. I actually wish sometimes I would know better in advance what I want ... pre-visualisation and all this ... especially when it comes to B&W. But to stay here, this one really is nice. I mean waterfalls are beautiful, but after looking at 1000s of them it's hard to find a new view ... I think. I have to thank, it's inspiring.

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2017, 04:50:03 pm »

David,

I love it! It's almost abstract. Or, I guess, it actually is literally abstract, but It captures the essence of the falling water beautifully.

Eric
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)
Pages: [1]   Go Up