Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hidden Mountains  (Read 1045 times)

mseawell

• Mark Seawell's Photo World
Hidden Mountains
« on: September 09, 2017, 01:03:51 pm »

September arrives and summer wanes. Still, escaping to the mountains from the heat of Ogden is still a necessity with the temps being 20 degrees less at the higher elevations. Yesterday, we made our first trip to American Forks Canyon past Salt Lake in northern Utah. Our destination was Silver Lake, a four mile hike with a nearly 2000 feet elevation gain. We've been in Utah three years now and I'm MUCH better at driving in the high places but some of the switchbacks we encountered on the way to Silver Lake were seriously nerve racking! No doubt if my wife wouldn't pushed me I would have turned back. But we made it. The hike was gorgeous, with the leaves slowly beginning there irreversible march towards glory. After much huffing and puffing with our faithful lab Bailey leading the way, we arrived at splendid silver lake....stunning and worth every drop on sweat on that rocky trail

But even without the leaves, the mountains themselves told their story. It was rich, it was magnificent and we listened intensely. For only if you climb the summit will they tell acknowledge your petty and brief existence . Otherwise, whispers of grandeur may be all you hear. And I for one can't bear not seeing it all...hidden mountains.

Paulo Bizarro

• http://www.paulobizarro.com
Re: Hidden Mountains
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2017, 06:17:14 am »

Excellent B&W.

thierrylegros396

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2017, 12:52:06 pm »

francois

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2017, 05:33:11 am »

Nice story and image. Discovery of hidden peaks/rivers/lakes/etc is one of the big reward of hiking.
Francois
Pages: [1]   Go Up