Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Fuji firmware on the way. AF tracking improvements.  (Read 1642 times)

Rand47

New Fuji firmware on the way. AF tracking improvements.
« on: September 09, 2017, 11:36:47 am »

Fuji users - new firmware coming with "new AF algorithm."

Claim is that AFC tracking is twice as fast as current firmware:

http://www.fujifilm.com/news/n170907_06.html

With Fuji's AFC tracking already knocking at the door of actual "good-ness," this could be significant.

Coming in November for X-T2 and just a bit later for the X-Pro2.

Gotta love Fuji's approach to continuous improvement via firmware for their user-base.

Rand
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 11:40:23 am by Rand47 »
Rand Scott Adams

rdonson

Re: New Fuji firmware on the way. AF tracking improvements.
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2017, 04:32:45 pm »

1. New AF tracking algorithm for moving subject
Thanks to the newly developed image recognition algorithm, the update enhances AF-C to track moving subjects twice as fast as previous firmware. In addition, the update also enhances tracking to be able to capture up to 50% smaller moving subjects than before.

This may be significant for those of us interested as high school football season heads toward the playoffs. 
Regards,
Ron

Chris Kern

• Chris Kern's Eponymous Website
Re: New Fuji firmware on the way. AF tracking improvements.
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2017, 09:21:45 pm »

1. New AF tracking algorithm for moving subject
Thanks to the newly developed image recognition algorithm, the update enhances AF-C to track moving subjects twice as fast as previous firmware. In addition, the update also enhances tracking to be able to capture up to 50% smaller moving subjects than before.

This might finally nudge the high-end Fuji X series cameras into mid-range DSLR territory for action shooters.  I'm quite happy with my X-T2 in most respects, but its AF-C performance currently isn't competitive with my obsolescent D800E.
Pages: [1]   Go Up