Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Focusing with Hasselblad X1D and HC Lens Adapter?  (Read 1789 times)

Juanito

• John Raymond Mireles
Focusing with Hasselblad X1D and HC Lens Adapter?
« on: September 07, 2017, 01:42:35 pm »

Just got my hands on the lens adapter for the X1D which allows me to use my HC lenses with the new camera. I was hoping for autofocus capabilities but apparently it's manual focus only. Is there anyway to see a magnified version of the image in the viewfinder so that I can check critical focus?

John

hcubell

• http://www.howardcubell.com
Re: Focusing with Hasselblad X1D and HC Lens Adapter?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2017, 03:46:28 pm »

Yes. Double click on Touch Display, or press the soft button marked with a star (C) to the right of the Touch Display, to Zoom in to Actual Pixel Size (100%) to that specific area. Double click again to Zoom out to Display the entire Capture. You can move the image to view different magnified areas by swiping. My recollection is  that the 100% magnified live view for MF focusing will work even if you have the focus aid set to focus peaking. However, the peaking effect turns off when you go into magnified live view.
BTW, manual focusing in magnified live view with the HC lenses works exceptionally well. Just like with the X1D lenses.

Juanito

• John Raymond Mireles
Re: Focusing with Hasselblad X1D and HC Lens Adapter?
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2017, 06:00:44 pm »

Yes. Thanks. That worked.
Pages: [1]   Go Up