Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lr Upright Feature Not Working Right as Preset  (Read 1444 times)

Remo Nonaz

• Photography By Homer Shannnon
Lr Upright Feature Not Working Right as Preset
« on: September 07, 2017, 12:01:27 pm »

I created a preset to use with building photography. The preset includes running the upright feature in auto mode with constrain crop. After selecting the first image and applying the preset, I select all the other images and synchronize them to the first image, applying the preset to all of them. The upright feature, however is not applying correctly.

The first few images get upright correctly and the images are vertical and cropped. Then, most of the remaining images will have the other preset features but upright is not applied. If I go to one of these images in develop mode, I see that the 'Update' button in the Transform panel is highlighted. If I click on it the image then performs the upright function.

Why is upright only being applied to a few images and then needing this update selection? How can I get all the images to do the upright in batch synchronization?

I am using Lr CC 2015.12
I really enjoy using old primes on my m4/3 camera. There's something about having to choose your aperture and actually focusing your camera that makes it so much more like... like... PHOTOGRAPHY!

Hoggy

• Never take life, or anything in it, too seriously.
Re: Lr Upright Feature Not Working Right as Preset
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2017, 06:03:15 pm »

In the synchronize dialog, you need to make sure that, under transform, that only "Upright Mode" is selected.  Otherwise it will try to apply the exact same transform calculations as the currently selected image.  Specifically, if there are any manul transforms that you DO want applied to all, then you just need to make sure "Upright Transforms" is UNchecked - and only the "Upright Mode" and "Transform Adjustments" selected.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 06:09:48 pm by Hoggy »
Cams: Pentax K-3, K-30 & Canon G7X, S100
Firm supporter of DNG, throwing away originals.
It's the hash, man..  That good hash!

mcbroomf

• Mike Broomfield
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2017, 04:24:16 pm »

I routinely do this as I lightpaint quite a lot and need to layer many (typically 5-20 or so) files together.  I don't have a preset but I'll make the upright adjustments on the 1st image then synch to the rest.  I have had no problems doing this but sometimes the adjustments take their sweet time to synch and I have noticed that if I start doing other things in LR some images don't get the update (I don't recall if this is other adjustments, or upright or both, but it's happened). 

I don't know how many files you are synching, or how long you wait, or the power of your computer, but you could try waiting for a while (and peer closely at the thumbs) to see if they do eventually synch.

Remo Nonaz

• Photography By Homer Shannnon
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2017, 08:10:12 pm »

Mike - that may be the issue: I'm too impatient to wait for ~35 images to update. I've noticed that the first few are always OK and then only some have issues. The ones with issues show the "update" button highlighted and all I need to do is click it and then the upright feature takes effect correctly. Guess I need to just chill a bit and go get a coffee... or a beer.  ;D
I really enjoy using old primes on my m4/3 camera. There's something about having to choose your aperture and actually focusing your camera that makes it so much more like... like... PHOTOGRAPHY!
Pages: [1]   Go Up