Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Yosemite trip Sept 23rd weekend  (Read 1438 times)

ShawnBK

Yosemite trip Sept 23rd weekend
« on: September 06, 2017, 12:38:56 am »

(1). With fire is road to Glacier Point will be accessible? Any way to see the sequoias?
(2). I used have an app on my iPhone in 2010 that showed photo op locations & the resultant image. Anyone know the name of that app or similar app, I just can't find it.
(3). Any additional current info @ Yosemite N. Park I'll appreciate it.
     Thanks very much.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 12:52:49 am by ShawnBK »

HSakols

• Hugh Sakols Photography
Re: Yosemite trip Sept 23rd weekend
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2017, 08:46:54 am »

Greetings from El Portal.  The Glacier Point Rd. is now open, but was closed due to the fire.  The smoke in the Valley and El Portal is horrrendous. The Mariposa grove is supposed to open up again this fall after over two years of renovation.  Hopefully we will get some cooler weather that will help with the fires.  To get out of the smoke I spent my weekend up out of Tioga Pass where it was beautiful.  I would suggest you check out Michael Fryes Photographers Guide to Yosemite.  I hope this helps.  You can always email me closer to the time you come.  As a teacher, I dread another day of indoor recess because of the smoke.  Still you might get some mysterious light. 

HSakols

• Hugh Sakols Photography
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2017, 08:54:51 am »

Also, if you are on facebook check out the Yosemite Incident Feed.  https://www.facebook.com/groups/1748468022048091/?fref=nf

ShawnBK

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2017, 01:56:10 pm »

Thank you so much for your help. Seems like people may be cancelling trips as when I booked for hotel Rm in El Portal, it was non-refundable charge. So I'll join you in hoping that weather condition improves.
Pages: [1]   Go Up