Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Profiling CcMmYKk printer  (Read 3538 times)

Czornyj

• zarzadzaniebarwa.pl
Profiling CcMmYKk printer
« on: August 31, 2017, 04:32:53 pm »

Quick question - is there any reasonable profiling software (other than ArgyllCMS) that allows me to create 7 channel targets to make CcMmYKk ICC profiles - Yes/No? I know it sounds stupid, but it's specific case ;)
Marcin Kałuża | [URL=http://zarzadzaniebarwa

Ethan Hansen

• Dry Creek Photo
Re: Profiling CcMmYKk printer
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2017, 06:56:31 pm »

ColorLogic's Copra does. Depends upon the size of your budget whether it counts as "reasonable." I'd recommend Argyll. Creating a good multicolor profile with Argyll requires a fair amount of trial and error. Once you have one, make suitable device links and you're done.

Czornyj

• zarzadzaniebarwa.pl
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2017, 05:44:30 am »

ColorLogic's Copra does. Depends upon the size of your budget whether it counts as "reasonable." I'd recommend Argyll. Creating a good multicolor profile with Argyll requires a fair amount of trial and error. Once you have one, make suitable device links and you're done.

Thanks a lot Ethan!
I already tested Copra, but it also only generates CMYKRGB/OGV etc. targets, there's no CcMmYKk target option.
Problem with Argyll is that the RIP doesn't recognise LC, LM, LK channels, and so or so the generated target looks weird, so there's too much work to figure it out, so I gave up :D

aaronchan

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2017, 01:31:43 pm »

Thanks a lot Ethan!
I already tested Copra, but it also only generates CMYKRGB/OGV etc. targets, there's no CcMmYKk target option.
Problem with Argyll is that the RIP doesn't recognise LC, LM, LK channels, and so or so the generated target looks weird, so there's too much work to figure it out, so I gave up :D

Quick question:

Which RIP and what printer are you using?

Aaron

Stephen Ray

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2017, 05:03:49 pm »

You have mentioned your case is specific but what would you like to gain from using such a profile?

Czornyj

• zarzadzaniebarwa.pl
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2017, 09:41:40 am »

Quick question:

Which RIP and what printer are you using?

Aaron

You have mentioned your case is specific but what would you like to gain from using such a profile?

HP RIP for Indigo 12000 and 7900. The problem is that my customer wants to print using grey ink, but there's no LUT for 7 colors printing yet - so I was thinking of making device link as a temporary solution.

aaronchan

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2017, 11:05:24 am »

HP RIP for Indigo 12000 and 7900. The problem is that my customer wants to print using grey ink, but there's no LUT for 7 colors printing yet - so I was thinking of making device link as a temporary solution.

So the HP rip does not have an default ink separation for the black and grey?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Czornyj

• zarzadzaniebarwa.pl
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2017, 03:37:16 am »

So the HP rip does not have an default ink separation for the black and grey?

Apparently. It's either nonexistent, or not installed. HP is going to send someone to create it / install it, but it will take time, so I was just thinking of some temporary solution until it will be ready.

aaronchan

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2017, 02:03:23 pm »

Apparently. It's either nonexistent, or not installed. HP is going to send someone to create it / install it, but it will take time, so I was just thinking of some temporary solution until it will be ready.

Hi,

The grey color in the indigo is an option module. I'm not a professional in indigo, but it sound like the RIP needs to be "unlock" or upgrade to have the grey color utilize within the black change, as well as the Lc and Lm.

Grey, Lc & Lm should not consider as an independent channel during calibration and profiling.

aaron

Czornyj

• zarzadzaniebarwa.pl
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2017, 03:41:35 pm »

Hi,

The grey color in the indigo is an option module. I'm not a professional in indigo, but it sound like the RIP needs to be "unlock" or upgrade to have the grey color utilize within the black change, as well as the Lc and Lm.

Grey, Lc & Lm should not consider as an independent channel during calibration and profiling.

aaron

Of course they shouldn't.
Both 12k and 7900 were ordered with lc, lm and grey for 7c CcMmYKk printing. There's a couple of LUTs for CcMmYK (also not impressive BTW), CMYKOGV etc. printing, but there's simply no trace of any LUT that uses grey, and they couldn't or didn't want to "unlock" it for some reason.
Pages: [1]   Go Up