Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: United Manufacturers appears to have closed their doors  (Read 1261 times)

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
United Manufacturers appears to have closed their doors
« on: August 31, 2017, 01:32:43 pm »

If you are a printer who frames in the United States, odds are you have called United Manufacturers at least once.

It appears they have closed their doors for good.

They were open last week for calls and orders, and took a large one from me.  I called back today to check on the order and got a recording, no person on the phone, just telling that United had enjoyed working for the last 100 years.  They will attempt to forward your order on to someone else, (go figure).

BTW no calls, or emails on the order I placed last week, which they verified was all in stock and would ship the next day.  Glad I called back.

Paul Caldwell
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

framah

Re: United Manufacturers appears to have closed their doors
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2017, 02:08:19 pm »

Frameware is apparently filing UMS orders.
Located in North Jersey.
You can also try Omega who merged with M&M supplies... (I think)

Doubt that you will ever get that order from UMS.
What steams me is that they KNEW they were closing and STILL took your order as if everything was just fine.!!

They have been swirling the drain for quite some time now. I had used them for over 25 years and in the last year or so it has been near impossibe to place an order and actually get everything on it. Most times it would takes weeks to months for them to finally send the rest of an order.
"It took a  lifetime of suffering and personal sacrifice to develop my keen aesthetic sense."

adampal

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2017, 03:27:49 pm »

I stopped using them a year ago, too many long back orders. I use Omega, Décor, Larson or Don Mar..

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2017, 07:49:55 pm »

Yes, Larson and others are great.  UMS was always good for things like security hardware.  I needed 150 sets and their pricing was always the best. 

What still amazes me is that they took the order and then never followed up, but I have since checked and they did not charge my card. 

Paul Caldwell
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up