Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Injet ink costs and use, Red River tests, comparative metrics  (Read 4432 times)

Ferp

Re: Injet ink costs and use, Red River tests, comparative metrics
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2017, 08:44:20 pm »

That said, I believe photographers have an opportunity to market custom printing, and if they are successful at marketing this value-added service to their clients, then eventually bringing that printing in house and under their direct control is a definite consideration, especially when providing output on high quality fine art media rather than budget priced RC photo media.

No argument from me on this.  But it's not what young professionals are taught these days, or so I'm told.  I also wonder how much demand there is for this kind of service.  I suspect not all that much, so there is only scope of a limited number of people to do it, hence why people are taught to outsource.  Also, it's not easy to juggle fine art printing with the demands of making money from shooting and selling.  It can be done, but it's not easy, and only a few in my experience are doing it.  I wonder how much sleep they're getting.

Farmer

Re: Injet ink costs and use, Red River tests, comparative metrics
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2017, 12:08:18 am »

Are you sure this is true? Regardless of resolution the color should be the same. If not, at least one factor could be the ICC profile not performing correctly.

The colour is the same, it's just built differently at different resolutions.  Yes, I'm sure this is true.
Phil Brown
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up