Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson 2100 / 2200 CIS  (Read 3632 times)

Wayland

• Trust me I'm a Viking
    • Waylandscape
Epson 2100 / 2200 CIS
« on: September 02, 2006, 10:14:16 am »

I'm looking to get a bulk ink system for my Epson 2100 (2200 on the other side of the pond)

My question is does anyone have any recommendations or issues with any of the various brands out there?

I'm currently looking towards the Lyson set up but it's quite a bit more expensive than some of the other providers so is it really the best choice?

The only thing I'm sure about is the Epson cartriges are way too expensive to keep using.
Wayland. [/S

mdijb

• mdiimaging.com
Epson 2100 / 2200 CIS
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2006, 10:26:46 am »

I have a Mediastreet sytem on my 2200 and 7600 as well.  The results are excellent and the print quality equal to epson inks in my opinion.  One issue with this printer is the yellow cart/head.  It clogs frequently and I have had to it once.  The mediastreet folks have been responsive and helpful.  They are aware of the problem and thnk it is design problem involving the position of this cart--they  pont point out it has been moved in more recent printers.  Other than this irritance, I have been very happy with the quality and savings.

MDIJB
mdiimaging.com

allan67

• http://
Epson 2100 / 2200 CIS
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2006, 12:55:48 pm »

I am using InkRepublic kit for R1800 and quite happy with it. The inks seem to be exactly the same as Epson's (no difference when building profiles from targets printed with Epson inks and InkRepublic's). The inks are pigment based and are in 100ml bottles.

It's a bit expensive, but worth it, I think. Here's the link to 2100/2200 page :
http://www.inkrepublic.com/ProductDetail.asp?item=2200
Hope it helps.

Allan

nigeldh

• http://www.luminousnature.com
Epson 2100 / 2200 CIS
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2006, 12:16:33 am »

I have a Mediastreet sytem on my 2200 and 7600 as well.  The results are excellent and the print quality equal to epson inks in my opinion.  One issue with this printer is the yellow cart/head.  It clogs frequently and I have had to it once.  The mediastreet folks have been responsive and helpful.  They are aware of the problem and thnk it is design problem involving the position of this cart--they  pont point out it has been moved in more recent printers.  Other than this irritance, I have been very happy with the quality and savings.

MDIJB
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=75302\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I had the same issue with Yellow on my MediaStreet Niagara on a 1280, G Chrome pigment inks. I then raised the ink bottles/stand by putting it on 50 sheet paper box and the problem seems to have gone away.

Maybe you want to get some large diameter washers from a hardware store and try shimming your yellow ink bottle. I just now remember reading on the web site of some other CIS supplier that Yellow pigment ink was problematic because it was thicker.

Nigel
Pages: [1]   Go Up