Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Frames for 13x19 prints  (Read 12389 times)

LAD in LA

Frames for 13x19 prints
« on: August 30, 2006, 03:54:37 pm »

I bought an Epson 2400 about a month ago (and am DELIGHTED with the prints, especially on Velvet Fine Art 13x19).  The trouble was that it's tough to find affordable frames for 13x19 prints.  Wanted to share a resource...www.framedestination.com  

They have archival mats (4- and 8-ply) in a variety of frames for 13x19 prints in the $45-$65 range (depending on size and glass).  Great deal!  Just wanted to pass it on...

dlashier

• http://www.lashier.com/
Frames for 13x19 prints
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2006, 04:42:00 pm »

lastingimpressionsdirect.com also has frame/mat kits sized for 13 x 19, at $57.

I just went to my local frame shop and had them make some to my specs, premium Neilsen molding, with glass at around $25 each, less than $50 after I add foamcore and mat.

- DL
« Last Edit: August 31, 2006, 04:42:19 pm by dlashier »

DarkPenguin

Frames for 13x19 prints
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2006, 05:03:25 pm »

I've frames from americanframe.com coming.  If nothing else they have a way cool framing and matting tool for creating your orders.

framah

Frames for 13x19 prints
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2006, 12:32:14 pm »

Don... You better go back and get all of the frames you can from your local framer!! At that price, including glass, he won't be around much longer!  There is no way he is making enough money at a price like that to stay in business much longer unless he is a hobby framer or works out of his house so he has no overhead to cover.  

Realize that when you get a price like this, you are getting a heck of a bargain and it in no way reflects reality in framing from a real, custom frame shop.
"It took a  lifetime of suffering and personal sacrifice to develop my keen aesthetic sense."

dlashier

• http://www.lashier.com/
Frames for 13x19 prints
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2006, 03:07:19 pm »

Don... You better go back and get all of the frames you can from your local framer!! At that price, including glass, he won't be around much longer!  There is no way he is making enough money at a price like that to stay in business much longer unless he is a hobby framer or works out of his house so he has no overhead to cover. 

Realize that when you get a price like this, you are getting a heck of a bargain and it in no way reflects reality in framing from a real, custom frame shop.
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
This is the [a href=\"http://www.rickertart.com/home.cfm?dir_cat=29916]largest and oldest frame shop[/url] in town - second generation now. But bear in mind that this was a quantity purchase - 80 frames of various sizes, around $2000 order, and frames were unassembled. They're not cheap for custom framing, maybe $150 for something this size including backing, double matting etc.

- DL
« Last Edit: September 08, 2006, 03:30:01 pm by dlashier »

David R. Gurtcheff

Frames for 13x19 prints
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2006, 01:37:40 pm »

This is the largest and oldest frame shop in town - second generation now. But bear in mind that this was a quantity purchase - 80 frames of various sizes, around $2000 order, and frames were unassembled. They're not cheap for custom framing, maybe $150 for something this size including backing, double matting etc.

- DL
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=75891\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
To keep my prints reasonably priced, I have "standardized" on three print sizes: 13"x19", 16"x24", and 20"x30". I buy precut mats, with beautiful bevel cut openings, in sizes (outside dimensions) 20"x24", 24"x30", and 30"x36" I buy by the case. I also buy by the case fome core backings, buy frames wholesale, and buy the above sizes of glass by the case. My local hardware works with me and sells me the glass (case lots) at %25 discount. The frames are unassembled black aluminum which I get from www.framefit.com. I can mount and mat and frame a 13"x19" print, 20"x24" mat, frame and glass for probably less than $25. Allows me to sell at a price most can afford, but leave me a nice profit.
Best  
Dave Gurtcheff
www.modernpictorials.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up