Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Premiere Pro Crashes Prevented by Rendering?  (Read 2539 times)

Gordon Buck

• LightDescription
Premiere Pro Crashes Prevented by Rendering?
« on: August 26, 2017, 01:15:05 pm »

I'm just a hobbyist but I do use Premiere Pro.  All too frequently, I get an "entering power save mode" message, the monitors go blank and, essentially, a crash.  Actually the computer is still running but I can't get back in control.  I have to force a shutdown and reboot.  The Internet is full of comments about "entering power save mode" and I've tried all the "fixes" without success.  This only happens with Premiere Pro and is often associated with selecting and moving clips on the timeline.  Most of my video clips and sequences are 1920x1080 and less than 15 minutes long.  Recently I've discovered that frequently rendering the sequence prevents this type of crash -- so far, anyway.

I'm running Windows 7 on a Dell XPS 8700 computer with 32GB RAM, 960GB SATA III SSD, GeForce GTX 1060 6GB video card, the latest Premiere Pro CC.  The main monitor is a Dell U2713H 2560x1440 and the 2nd monitor (actually not used when editing video) is an HP 2709 1920x1080.

Premiere Pro has been uninstalled and reinstalled often.  Also, the version doesn't seem to matter.

I guess my real question is:  Is frequent rendering a known requirement and/or problem solver with Premiere Pro?
Gordon
 [url=http://lightdescription.blog

kenkenman

• www.KenBrownArt.com
Re: Premiere Pro Crashes Prevented by Rendering?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2017, 12:15:09 pm »

Turn off power save mode if it keeps doing it: https://support.wdc.com/knowledgebase/answer.aspx?ID=3875#win7

Have you tried that yet?

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2017, 05:47:17 pm »

The same problem exists in the MacOS as in Windows.
Premiere does not handle 'sleep', 'disk spin-down' or any other power-saving OS action very well. With an NLE there is a lot going on and if part of your system does not respond - poof!

Gordon Buck

• LightDescription
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2017, 07:28:21 pm »

I've turned off all power saving features, settings, etc.  Browsing around for a solution, this (turn off power saving, etc) was the main recommendation.  Doesn't matter. 

Due to a hard drive crash, my computer was in the repair shop last week.  I had the technicians check out the CPU, memory, video card, etc but all was said to be OK.

Updated today to most recent version of Premiere Pro but got other problems in the process.  I'll open a new thread for that problem.
Gordon
 [url=http://lightdescription.blog
Pages: [1]   Go Up