Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New website  (Read 4262 times)

David Anderson

• http://www.twigwater.com
New website
« on: August 29, 2006, 06:26:38 am »

Well after a lot of stuffing around, hair pulling and sleepless nights I've finally updated my website,
( only took 4 years ! ) any feedback ?

The guy who put it together is English, wears printed Polyester shirts with big collars, has one of those stacked haircuts that looks like he spent no time on it, but takes hours and drives a New Beetle....

With all that going on he had to be good !!  

davidanderson.com.au

LoisWakeman

New website
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2006, 01:06:08 pm »

David: fine for 20-somethings with 20/20 eyesight: but the grey links on black are hard work for everyone else. Tasteful, yes - legible: not very. If I wanted to email you, I doubt I could be bothered to get out a magnifying glass and copy down your addy from the tiny fuzzy graphic. If you make it hard for people to contact you on a whim, they may not bother at all. Some useful contacts do come from such chance encounters.

Marketing: I read nothing there about you at all: what is your USP, your particular expertise, and what makes you tick? Without any real info, why would someone in your locale choose you rather than anyone else in the area? Your photos are good: but it probably needs more than that to make you stand out of the crowd.

SEO: doing everything in graphics and flash - hmm. Bad idea, IMO

This guy whose hair drives a beetle: sounds like quite a character! But the site is a better ad for his graphic skills than for your business, I think.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2006, 01:08:19 pm by LoisWakeman »

DarkPenguin

New website
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2006, 01:19:54 pm »

Looks nice.

However when I click next on the images I get a set of scroll bars that appear while waiting for the image to load.  (Mozilla Firefox under windows, btw.)
« Last Edit: August 29, 2006, 01:20:18 pm by DarkPenguin »

Andrew Teakle

• http://www.andrewteakle.com
New website
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2006, 07:46:01 pm »

Hi David,

Very classy site and impressive collection of images. The images loaded up relatively quickly on my ISDN connection (no broadband where I live. Thanks Telstra!!!)

Most of the images are self-explanatory, but I would guess that many people outside Oz may not Know who some of the celebs are. Captions may be useful???

I would definitely make your email address a hotlink. One click is too easy to ignore. I also agree that the the grey that was used on black is classic but a little hard to read. Even a slightly lighter grey would be more legible.

Very well done though. Looks a treat.
Andrew

ddolde

New website
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2006, 08:41:40 pm »

The menu is so faint I cannot even see it.  I don't think you got your moneys worth.

David Anderson

• http://www.twigwater.com
New website
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2006, 05:10:36 pm »

Thankyou for the feedback !

I'm asking for bigger text in white not grey.
A hyper link on my email.
A page about me.
And some captions...

I don't understand the bit about flash graphics ect. but will point out this thread to the designer..

Thanx again..
Pages: [1]   Go Up