Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Massive Style  (Read 1740 times)

Rob C

Massive Style
« on: August 25, 2017, 09:59:17 am »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gStVwwLGL0

The sound is poor until the main man arrives with his own mike attached. From then on in, no problems at all.

Rob

Rob C

Re: Massive Style
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2017, 05:08:12 am »

degrub

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2017, 10:25:59 am »

Haunting shots

mediumcool

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2017, 11:10:32 am »

I can’t abide looking at video which has been stretched from its original 4:3 to fill a wide-screen format. There is no need to do this.
FaceBook facebook.com/ian.goss.39   www.mlkshk.com/user/mediumcool

Rob C

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2017, 11:19:27 am »

I can’t abide looking at video which has been stretched from its original 4:3 to fill a wide-screen format. There is no need to do this.

I agree: it shouldn't happen to photographs, especially of human subjects where distortion ruins everything.

In her case, she ranges through at least 135, 120 and various Polaroid formats, so the problem is exacerbated. Some star photographers used to submit their photos on the basis of no cropping; I think video requires something equally as strong!

But then again, as a viewer, you have to accept what's available and make the most of it.

Telecaster

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2017, 02:45:20 pm »

The abhorrence of blank space. Seems to be a particularly American thing (as in the pan & scan hatchet jobs on films during the VCR era) though I dunno if that applies here.

-Dave-
Pages: [1]   Go Up