Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Slide projectors  (Read 13871 times)

quattro98

Slide projectors
« on: August 28, 2006, 05:52:33 pm »

Hi,

I'm starting to use 35 mm silde film & I would like some recommendations on a decent slide projector. I will probably buy this from craigslist or the Bay, but I have no idea what models/lenses I should be looking for to project slides in a small room (5-10 feet from projector to wall). Thanks.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2006, 05:53:35 pm by quattro98 »
Quattro98

peterpix2005

• http://perpublisher.com
Slide projectors
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2006, 12:40:23 pm »

Hi,

I'm starting to use 35 mm silde film & I would like some recommendations on a decent slide projector. I will probably buy this from craigslist or the Bay, but I have no idea what models/lenses I should be looking for to project slides in a small room (5-10 feet from projector to wall). Thanks.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=74778\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Look on Ebay for a Kodak Carrousel projector with a zoom lens and that should do it for you. Kodak does nmot make projexors anymore but there must be millions out there and not expensive.

Peter

dlashier

• http://www.lashier.com/
Slide projectors
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2006, 04:54:03 pm »

I've still got my trusty old Nikon projector from the 70's. This uses the "universal" trays (either straight or rotary) that also fit Sawyer, GAF, Vivitar, etc. IIRC it's basically a spiffed up Sawyer but with a superior Nikor lens.

I'll have to check when I get home but I believe the Carousel trays also work in my Nikon. One advantage of the "non-Carousel" projecters is that they also take the straight trays for small batches.

Make sure you get one with a zoom lens. Stack loader is also handy, although most occasionally jam. Autofocus is also nice as many slides pop as they heat up and need refocusing.

- DL

quattro98

Slide projectors
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2006, 10:25:04 am »

Thanks for the information. I have come up with a few projectors for sale locally using craigslist, so I should be able to find something.
Quattro98

jburgie

Slide projectors
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2006, 11:50:30 pm »

Hi -- Don't forget to invest in a spare bulb. They're a little hard to find, except on the Web.

Riverman

Slide projectors
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2006, 06:20:16 pm »

When I bought my projector, I made sure to also get a Schneider projection lens.  I find it to be much sharper than the kodak lenses.  It may cost a bit more but it is well worth it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up