Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon Pro-4000 Sleep or Shutdown?  (Read 2644 times)

Ryan Mack

• Ryan Mack on Facebook
Canon Pro-4000 Sleep or Shutdown?
« on: August 20, 2017, 09:12:03 am »

I've noticed the Pro-4000 seems to turn itself off at night requiring me to press the power button before my computer can print to it. Is that a sleep/standby mode or is it actually completely off? I'm mostly concerned that it is still capable of doing it's scheduled maintenance so I don't end up in a big ink dump cleaning cycle. Thanks, Ryan

35.marco

Re: Canon Pro-4000 Sleep or Shutdown?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2017, 12:18:15 pm »

I've noticed the Pro-4000 seems to turn itself off at night requiring me to press the power button before my computer can print to it. Is that a sleep/standby mode or is it actually completely off? I'm mostly concerned that it is still capable of doing it's scheduled maintenance so I don't end up in a big ink dump cleaning cycle. Thanks, Ryan
In menu turn auto power off to OFF and only use sleep timer.
Sleep power consumption is max 3.6W/h that's appropriate 36kWh per year.
For menu structure see.
http://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/Manual/All/PRO-4000/EN/UG/ug_setting01_0300.html and search for sleep

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk

Ryan Mack

• Ryan Mack on Facebook
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2017, 12:22:02 pm »

So if it does automatically power off then it won't perform any scheduled cleaning cycles?

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2017, 12:22:11 pm »

I can't answer with total assurance for the Pro-4000 because I don't have one, but I do have a Pro-1000 in my office, so to the extent that its firmware and the Pro-4000 firmware behave similarly in this regard (no guarantees), if you need to push the power button to get it working it is most probably shut-down, not just sleeping. After the first 50ml ink dump I experienced with the Pro-1000 I got in touch with Canon tech support and I was advised to leave the printer turned on always (sleep mode being OK) and as long as it is not shut-down it will not commission that cleaning cycle using 50ml of ink, nor will it consume much electricity. I have had in this mode for several months now and there has been no massive cleaning episode. When I print with it, it just wakes up as I insert the paper into the feeder. You may wish to check the power management settings using the printer LCD controls and see whether there is an option to never turn it off.
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

Ryan Mack

• Ryan Mack on Facebook
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2017, 07:47:30 pm »

Hi Mark, did you determine the 50ml ink dump by weighing the waste cartridge or is there a way to get the Accounting Manager to report ink use for cleaning events? Thanks, Ryan

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2017, 08:08:58 pm »

No, Accounting Manager does not report ink for maintenance. I did this, approximately, by weighing the maintenance tank and adjusting the net weight difference by an estimated specific gravity adjustment factor.
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."
Pages: [1]   Go Up