Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Any real inkjet image permanence testing data?  (Read 2797 times)

Alchemist

Any real inkjet image permanence testing data?
« on: August 27, 2006, 11:07:11 pm »

Has anyone done some real permanence testing on todays inkjet printers, aftermarket inks and paper.?  I do not mean the non verifiable data from Wilhelm or RIT, but accelerated data that has a 6 month or one year real world test daylight test (like Livic's discontinued work ) correlated to it.  I believe that without this being done the reciprocity factors are just "swags" at best.  My very controlled testing on dye based Epson inks, in the past, showed that the predictions from the experts were off by a factor of 3.

I want to purchase a new wide format printer and can not afford to make a mistake, given the current prices.  Pointing me in the right direction will be appreciated.

Alchemist

James Russell

Any real inkjet image permanence testing data?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2006, 12:05:02 am »

Has anyone done some real permanence testing on todays inkjet printers, aftermarket inks and paper.?  I do not mean the non verifiable data from Wilhelm or RIT, but accelerated data that has a 6 month or one year real world test daylight test (like Livic's discontinued work ) correlated to it.  I believe that without this being done the reciprocity factors are just "swags" at best.  My very controlled testing on dye based Epson inks, in the past, showed that the predictions from the experts were off by a factor of 3.

I want to purchase a new wide format printer and can not afford to make a mistake, given the current prices.  Pointing me in the right direction will be appreciated.
Alchemist
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=74697\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

The Epson ultrachromes last a long time without change, the Epson dyes change in a month the Canon dyes change in a day.

JR
Pages: [1]   Go Up