Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bronica shift/tilt lens  (Read 6228 times)

st326

Bronica shift/tilt lens
« on: August 27, 2006, 01:29:01 am »

I recently picked up a second-hand Schneider Super Angulon 55mm Pe PCS shift/tilt lens for my Bronica ETRS system. It seems to be a pretty awesome lens -- I've not done any shooting with it yet (it only turned up a couple of days ago), but what I've seen through the viewfinder seems to indicate that everything is present and correct. I have 47mm and 90mm Super Angulons  for my large format system, and they are excellent, so the chance to use one on my medium format rig was too much to pass up.

But, horror of horrors, no lens cap. Gaah, I *hate* that buying second-hand lenses. And in the case of this thing, bearing in mind that it has a 55mm focal length, it is ENORMOUS. As in, twice as long and twice as fat as my Zenzanon 150mm, solid metal (except the glass bits), with a huge front element. Weighs a ton. And no filter ring threading (not that finding filters that big would be terribly easy -- it must be about 110mm diameter), just something that looks a bit like a bayonet mount on the outside of the lens barrel (difficult to describe). Has anyone got the faintest idea how I could get a lens cap for this thing, and what to do if I can't?

Thanks!

macphil1

Bronica shift/tilt lens
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2006, 04:21:47 pm »

I recently picked up a second-hand Schneider Super Angulon 55mm Pe PCS shift/tilt lens for my Bronica ETRS system. It seems to be a pretty awesome lens -- I've not done any shooting with it yet (it only turned up a couple of days ago), but what I've seen through the viewfinder seems to indicate that everything is present and correct. I have 47mm and 90mm Super Angulons  for my large format system, and they are excellent, so the chance to use one on my medium format rig was too much to pass up.

But, horror of horrors, no lens cap. Gaah, I *hate* that buying second-hand lenses. And in the case of this thing, bearing in mind that it has a 55mm focal length, it is ENORMOUS. As in, twice as long and twice as fat as my Zenzanon 150mm, solid metal (except the glass bits), with a huge front element. Weighs a ton. And no filter ring threading (not that finding filters that big would be terribly easy -- it must be about 110mm diameter), just something that looks a bit like a bayonet mount on the outside of the lens barrel (difficult to describe). Has anyone got the faintest idea how I could get a lens cap for this thing, and what to do if I can't?

Thanks!
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Hi,
I've just discovered this site : [a href=\"http://www.skgrimes.com/]http://www.skgrimes.com/[/url]
It seems they can adapt everything for everything... and they should have or build if necessary your lens cap.

I have a question too : do you know where i could find the same lens as yours . I seems it was almost the only tilt/shift lens for the bronica etrsi.
Thanks,
Regards,
Philippe

dobson

• http://
Bronica shift/tilt lens
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2006, 06:53:14 pm »

My first thought was to get a cap machined from Delrin by your local machinist. It turns out that that is exactly what skgrimes does to make their custom caps. Though it does look like whoever does it, they need a copy of the lens to match dimensions.

Machining is not exactly cheap, but if you know someone with a lathe they my do it for little to nothing. Make sure to use a good plastic; Delrin (acetal), has a low coefficient of friction and good dimensional stability. It will glide smoothly and won't stretch or bend.

Phillip

dbphoto

Bronica shift/tilt lens
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2006, 11:12:10 am »

Hi,

I have a question too : do you know where i could find the same lens as yours . I seems it was almost the only tilt/shift lens for the bronica etrsi.
Thanks,
Regards,
Philippe
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=83862\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I have one for sale. Feel free to contact me.  Dave
Pages: [1]   Go Up