Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking at the Epson P20000  (Read 1157 times)

keithcooper

• Northlight Images
Looking at the Epson P20000
« on: August 10, 2017, 01:54:53 pm »

I had quite a few people ask about more info on print quality for the P20000 and had some extra test prints done.

I've included this in some review notes about using the printer at:

http://www.northlight-images.co.uk/epson-sc-p20000-printer-review/

If anyone wants the icc profiles I made, to delve into (1005 patch USFA and PLPP260 - incl. i1Profiler measurement data), please just mail me directly.  Obviously a bit shorter than my usual reviews, but I felt I managed to get a good feel for the printer.

Now to sort out that winning lottery ticket for a house big enough for a print room that can handle it ;-)

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
Re: Looking at the Epson P20000
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2017, 10:02:12 pm »

Pretty thorough for only being able to work with it for one day.  Well done.

In the specs, the dot size seems off.  you state 1.5 to 32.5 pl.  None of the px000 series printers specs show a dot size that small. To quote Epson "Enhanced Variable Droplet Technology as small as 3.5 picoliters".  Seems 32.5 pl would be a huge blob of ink. Even the p800 is 3.5 and larger.  Only the p600 specs out a 2pl dot size. Not sure where the chart came from, maybe a typo.

Farmer

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2017, 10:45:13 pm »

Yeah, it was machines like the R1800 with GLOP that had down to 1.5pl - none of the larger machines are that small (the R1800 and co had it because they only had the one black, so extremely small dots were used instead of other lighter blacks).
Phil Brown

keithcooper

• Northlight Images
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2017, 04:08:33 am »

Pretty thorough for only being able to work with it for one day.  Well done.

In the specs, the dot size seems off.  you state 1.5 to 32.5 pl.  None of the px000 series printers specs show a dot size that small. To quote Epson "Enhanced Variable Droplet Technology as small as 3.5 picoliters".  Seems 32.5 pl would be a huge blob of ink. Even the p800 is 3.5 and larger.  Only the p600 specs out a 2pl dot size. Not sure where the chart came from, maybe a typo.
Thanks - all those pinter reviews I've done paid off in having a good idea of what to look at - I wasn't sure I could do it justice in a day

The smaller number and table came from an Epson presentation about what the head design could do - the actual specs say 3.5pl.

Thanks for noting this - I've clarified the numbers in the article.

The printer specs I've found so far don't give an upper bound either, so I'll check with Epson UK
Pages: [1]   Go Up