Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: basICColor Display Version 4.0.1  (Read 3243 times)

Dinarius

basICColor Display Version 4.0.1
« on: August 26, 2006, 06:18:36 am »

I have downloaded version 4.0.1 of the basICColor Display software for monitor calibration, for use with my EyeOne Match 2 calibration device.

While version 3.x came with an extensive manual running to 40 pages, version 4.0.1 only comes with a two page summary of bug fixes, despite there being extensive changes to the user interface.

I am running an LCD screen on a PC and am curious to know what settings others are using with this superb software.

Taking the set-up stage (before the actual calibration process begins) step by step.

SETTINGS: Presets

Calibration Method: Presumably, 'Software Calibration (video LUTs) is the choice here?

Calibration Settings: I have chosen 'Custom'. Anyone using 'ISO 3664 and ISO 12646' or the 'Photography' setting?

SETTINGS: Color Temperature

I have chosen D50. Anyone using any other setting?

SETTINGS: Tonal Response Curve

I have chosen L. Has anyone chosen Gamma 1.8 or 2.2?

SETTINGS: White and black luminance

I have chosen 160 for white and a measured (i.e. putting the EyeOne into a lightproof box and forcing it to take a measurement in darkness) 0 for Black.

SETTINGS: Profile

Profile Type: 16-bit LUT based
Chromatic Adaptation: CAT02 (from CIECAM02). To be honest, I don't really understand this, nor the other choices on offer - apart from None! ;-)

I also have the ICC v4 profile box checked.

HARDWARE SETUP:

Color Temperature: Here I have used the 'Measure' facility to adjust the three channels so that they are level. However, I cannot get them into their respective green zones without the luminance level dropping below 160. They rest slightly above the green zones. The instructions seem to indicate that luminance takes precedence over color. Make sense?

I would be interested to here any views.

For those unfamiliar with the basICColor version 4.0.1 software, you can download it from here>

http://www.basiccolor.de/english/index_E.htm

You can then get a 14 day licence to try it out.

D.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2006, 06:20:54 am by Dinarius »
Pages: [1]   Go Up