Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson 2400 Croppiing prolem. Please help  (Read 2673 times)

jay212

Epson 2400 Croppiing prolem. Please help
« on: August 25, 2006, 05:45:50 pm »

I am having trouble printing documents correctly using CS and the epson 2400. The image size is 16.5 inches across. The paper size is selected as A3 which is 16.5 inches across. I am printing at 100%. When the print comes out, it is printed borderless, but the image is clipped by up to 1/4 inch on each edge. It is as if the image is being interpreted to be about 1/2 inch larger than it actually is and is therefore getting a portion of the area clipped. As a quick fix, in the print with preview window, I selected to print at 98% instead of 100%. But why is this happening? The document size and the paper size are the same. Why cant I simply print at 100%? Any input would be great.

sgwrx

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2006, 05:56:21 pm »

I am having trouble printing documents correctly using CS and the epson 2400. The image size is 16.5 inches across. The paper size is selected as A3 which is 16.5 inches across. I am printing at 100%. When the print comes out, it is printed borderless, but the image is clipped by up to 1/4 inch on each edge. It is as if the image is being interpreted to be about 1/2 inch larger than it actually is and is therefore getting a portion of the area clipped. As a quick fix, in the print with preview window, I selected to print at 98% instead of 100%. But why is this happening? The document size and the paper size are the same. Why cant I simply print at 100%? Any input would be great.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=74492\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

i read in the 2400 manual that you will get some cropping of the image when printing full bleed unless you scale the image down. i think there is an option in the printer settings to scale down also.

JeffKohn

• http://jeffk-photo.typepad.com
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2006, 10:27:54 am »

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=74492\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
That's how borderless printing works, it "oversprays" to ensure that theh image actually covers the page all the way to the edge. If you go to the "page layhout" tab of the printer settings dialog, you can set Borderless Expansion to Min which may help but I don't think it will completely eliminate the problem.
Jeff Kohn
[url=http://ww
Pages: [1]   Go Up