Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: P10000 ink usage  (Read 1059 times)

BrooklinCanvas

P10000 ink usage
« on: August 02, 2017, 03:09:57 pm »

Hi all. I know its a question with a fuzzy set of answers, but I use a mac with my 1 day old P10000. I can't use the LFP accounting tool. Trying to figure out a cost per sq foot of ink usage.

iCanvas

Re: P10000 ink usage
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2017, 08:05:03 pm »

You will have to install a copy of windows operating system on your Mac. I bought my P10000 through Tastar Data, and Tony, the owner of the company, installed a windows operating system for me. However, I didn't end up using the LFP accounting tool because it was too confusing switching operating systems to use the LFP tool. I wasn't using it to figure the cost per square foot of ink usage. I was using it to access the printer's hard drive.  I will say that I only print at 600 DPI and I have been using the printer quite a bit. I print about 50-100 prints a week. I am still on the first set of 700ml cartridges after a year of use. I was one of the first ones to receive this printer. I am very impressed with this printer and the quality of prints on canvas. I could not tell the difference between this printer and my previous 9900 printer. Before I sold the 9900, I made a comparison of my most popular prints.

The printer has a tendency to want to clean itself, when not necessary, after a pause in printing. To avoid this, I line up all my prints and then start printing and no pause between prints. After the printing of all the prints is done, I immediately turn off the printer. That stops it from initiating a cleaning. I then turn it back on and have it do a printless nozzle check and 9 times out of 10 it indicates no clogged nozzles. This has saved a lot of ink. I called Epson about this and they sent a rep out to fix it. They replaced the head and other hardware. It stopped the cleaning after each print for a while but the printer went back to it's old ways. I haven't called Epson about this again. But I did get a new head (over $2000 per head) and a full set of 350ml inks. Thank you Epson. I will say that this printer, if used in the way I describe above, will sip ink at 600dpi. It is very fast. Three times as fast as my previous 9900. If you need speed this is your printer. Hope this helps.

Gar

BrooklinCanvas

Re: P10000 ink usage
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2017, 10:06:23 am »

Thanks Gar
Pages: [1]   Go Up