Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mix ink sizes in Pro-4000?  (Read 781 times)

Ryan Mack

• Ryan Mack on Facebook
Mix ink sizes in Pro-4000?
« on: August 01, 2017, 07:07:49 am »

With the pro-4000 can you mix 160ml ink and 700ml ink or do they all need to be he same size? I'm considering buying a larger capacity chroma optimizer but smaller inks because full coverage will burn through it and I imagine it has a longer lifespan since it isn't a suspension.

Thanks, Ryan

traderjay

Re: Mix ink sizes in Pro-4000?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2017, 09:56:19 am »

Yes and you can hot swap the ink should they run out in the middle of a print.

I.T. Supplies

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2017, 10:24:44 am »

To properly answer your question; Yes, you can interchange sizes depending on usage.  For those that don't get used much, go with the 160.  If they get used very quickly, go with 700 and 330ml for the ones that are in between.  You save more per larger size as well.

Ryan Mack

• Ryan Mack on Facebook
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2017, 11:09:59 am »

Anyone happen to know the shelf life and post-install age limits Canon recommends for the inks and/or CO?

I.T. Supplies

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2017, 11:51:23 am »

Post shelf life should be about the same as the previous inks.  It's just the longevity is where Canon is still working with Wilhelm to get the best time.  Canon was hoping for a few months after the series started shipping, but they are working to get the longest time they possibly can before posting the info.  Since inks in large models are becoming better than the older series/generations, you can still use expired inks in the printers and they will normally still have the same quality.  If you want something more confirmed, it's best to check with the manufacturer directly unless they are still in the works on specific details.
Pages: [1]   Go Up