Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Twisted & Bright  (Read 876 times)

maddogmurph

• Maddog's Photography
Twisted & Bright
« on: July 31, 2017, 03:14:05 am »

This will be my first release from the latest Southwest trip. Undoubtedly one of the most epic places in the entire world to photograph in late July & early August each year. I have empathy for a fellow photographers statement that their most epic photographs were often produced under duress or in extreme weather. I went for it here, can't say I didn't plan this light and storm perfectly, can say that this was a tough shot to get without getting struck by lightning, caught in flash floods, getting my jeep stuck (again), or getting absolutely drenched under torrential rain. More to come... At least 300+ GB from this trip. Unreal.
Maddog Murph
www.depictionsofbeauty.com
Mostly here for constructive feedback.

Paulo Bizarro

• http://www.paulobizarro.com
Re: Twisted & Bright
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2017, 03:59:40 am »

Looking forward to see more. This one is very good, I like the way the convoluted rock mirrors the convoluted sky.

maddogmurph

• Maddog's Photography
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2017, 12:51:21 am »

Looking forward to see more. This one is very good, I like the way the convoluted rock mirrors the convoluted sky.

Wish I had heard that before - I would have titled it convoluted... or something of this nature :)! :o
Maddog Murph
www.depictionsofbeauty.com
Mostly here for constructive feedback.

francois

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2017, 08:53:37 am »

This first shot is superb with that dramatic sky and the always spectacular rock formations. I like the darkness, it makes the image discovery more "progressive".
Francois
Pages: [1]   Go Up