Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson P7000 Service Mode  (Read 2935 times)

Garnick

Epson P7000 Service Mode
« on: July 30, 2017, 01:33:26 pm »

Hello all,

I realize this is anything but a NEW topic, and as a matter of fact I have jumped in on a couple of previous threads concerning this "issue".  I use the term "issue" cautiously, since not all operators of the "P" series printers would be interested in the "Service Mode" or any of its capabilities.  It is however, a topic I find rather disconcerting, now that I have finally taken my first journey into "Service Mode" on my recently purchased P7000, a downsize from the SP9900.  Within the 6+ years that I used the 9900, the "K" ink swap was always done in Service Mode, therefore bypassing the ubiquitous cleaning cycle.  Aside from bypassing that cycle, I also found the C1, C2 etc. cycles in Service Mode to be more efficient than the cycles run in Standard Mode.  Of course, Service Mode on the "P" series printers alloys no capability for the "K" ink swap or running cleaning cycles, so both have to be performed in Standard Mode.  I don't know if this is a ploy by Epson to have the printer use more ink, but I have to admit that it does seem rather suspicious.  I have switched off ALL Auto functions in the control panel, but every time I do a "K" ink swap the printer runs a complete clean cycle, regardless of whether or not it is needed.  It will not let me simply run a Nozzle Check and determine if a cycle is indeed necessary.  My work consists of fairly regular "K" ink swaps, so this will become a rather expensive endeavour, even though I try to be sure I have a batch of jobs to run with the "MK" inkset.  My default is 'PK". 

If anyone has found a "workaround" for this, please pass it along, although I'm not expecting miracles.

Thank you,

Gary     

« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 06:05:25 am by Garnick »
Gary N.
"My memory isn't what it used to be. As a matter of fact it never was." (gan)
Pages: [1]   Go Up