Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: iPF5000 Training  (Read 3333 times)

jamie_m_

• http://www.mymoodphotography.com
iPF5000 Training
« on: August 25, 2006, 04:04:58 am »

Has anyone heard of any training or workshops on how to get the best out of a canon iPF5000 printer?
MyMoodPhotography
[url=http://www.mymood

tbonanno

• Tony Bonanno Photography, LLC
iPF5000 Training
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2006, 04:31:39 pm »

Has anyone heard of any training or workshops on how to get the best out of a canon iPF5000 printer?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=74414\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I agree this would be helpful.. Not aware of anyone conducting training yet, with the possible exception of George Lepp in California.. As I understand it, one of Canon's "two" experts on the 5000 was doing some kind of workshop with Lepp last week (?).

I wish Canon would get some "tips and help" info out soon.  Everyone is finding out by trial and error.  For example, if you purchased the roll adapter AFTER the initial priner setup & driver install, the printer and driver won't recognize the roll adapter UNLESS you RE-INSTALL the driver.  I read one post where a user was sent a second replacement roll adapter due to this issue.  I don't know, but the problem probably didn't require a new roll-adapter, just a re-install of the driver.  There seems to be a lot of little issues like this associated with a new product introduction.  I'm sure Canon will get them straightened out.  

Cheers,

Tony
Tony Bonanno Photography
ASMP Profession

Gary Damaskos

iPF5000 Training
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2006, 12:28:19 am »

I used my printer for about 2 weeks without the roll holder - and then it came and I installed it and it worked without reinstalling any drivers etc...
Gary

I agree this would be helpful.. Not aware of anyone conducting training yet, with the possible exception of George Lepp in California.. As I understand it, one of Canon's "two" experts on the 5000 was doing some kind of workshop with Lepp last week (?).

I wish Canon would get some "tips and help" info out soon.  Everyone is finding out by trial and error.  For example, if you purchased the roll adapter AFTER the initial priner setup & driver install, the printer and driver won't recognize the roll adapter UNLESS you RE-INSTALL the driver.  I read one post where a user was sent a second replacement roll adapter due to this issue.  I don't know, but the problem probably didn't require a new roll-adapter, just a re-install of the driver.  There seems to be a lot of little issues like this associated with a new product introduction.  I'm sure Canon will get them straightened out. 

Cheers,

Tony
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=74481\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

tbonanno

• Tony Bonanno Photography, LLC
iPF5000 Training
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2006, 11:54:36 am »

I used my printer for about 2 weeks without the roll holder - and then it came and I installed it and it worked without reinstalling any drivers etc...
Gary
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=74511\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hi Gary,
Hmm, obviously doesn't always happen the way I thought.  I know of two of us who had this problem and re-installing the driver fixed it.  Could be specific to a given platform (XP PRO PC here) ??  Then again, could have been just some quirk that only shows up now and then...

Cheers,

Tony
Tony Bonanno Photography
ASMP Profession
Pages: [1]   Go Up