Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Reverse course~  (Read 871 times)

Patricia Sheley

Reverse course~
« on: July 29, 2017, 01:25:49 pm »

~upon the ever changing stage.
A common woman~

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
Re: Reverse course~
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2017, 10:39:15 am »

Good shooting, Patricia. The light is fascinating.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

BobDavid

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2017, 01:03:57 pm »

Good shooting, Patricia. The light is fascinating.

Agreed. Did you amp up the effect in post?

David Eckels

• It's just a camera.
    • Website
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2017, 11:36:49 am »

Painting~
I love it AND the title.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 11:40:34 am by David Eckels »

Patricia Sheley

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2017, 01:28:03 pm »

Thank you for the observations~ It is very much the light I wished to pass on to you. The island on which I live is as close to living in Norway, Sweden or Finland as we were able to pull off on our move Downeast Maine. Met my husband on these waters as a young teen and we dreamed as dreamers do that we would "at the other end" make it back as our reward for the interim years.

Russ, I can only say it is life's ultimate binge to be living in this light. 24 hours a day it is in flux and always surprising. In this snap it was an attempt to make a reminder, as you would jotting down a quick few watercolor palette ranges of color for later use, as you almost could not convince yourself you were remembering what you thought you were.

Here we had been out fishing for dinner and came about to see the light (late afternoon) over a nearby lighthouse. That view was wildly more impressive than my snap gives justice. In the far distance you see the interior toward a swing of Camden south to Bangor north where the weathers had turned strong against the opposite front in which we were positioned. those overlapping fronts viewed over an expanse of about 70 miles provided the treat. Watched for about 20 minutes as they approached collision.

Bob, did need to tone down the contrast and saturation to try to give a sense of where the lights were directing themselves,
brilliant sun directly overhead, being broken and reopened by rapidly moving clouds and additional openings in the ciel in the distance.

and yes David, I am certain the experience will work itself into my painting. Frees me to be generous with what I experience in dream~

Always nice to touch bases with you all~
Lumine!

(ps. We had excellent grilled fish for dinner, with the last batch of peas from the garden.)

« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 01:31:22 pm by Patricia Sheley »
A common woman~
Pages: [1]   Go Up