Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hasselblad ArcBody  (Read 2736 times)

duntov

Hasselblad ArcBody
« on: August 24, 2006, 06:59:05 pm »

I just acquired a hasselblad ArcBody with the 35mm Grandagon.  The ArcBody comes with it's own version of the Lee 100mm (4x4") filter mount along with a center section that attaches to the body with a bayonet mount and has provision for a screw-in 77mm filter.  The screw-in mount is intended for the required center filter to prevent light falloff.

According to the owner's manual, it says not to screw other filters onto the center filter (piggyback) or vignetting would accur.  Too bad since I already have a top quality b+w for my Nikon system that would mount.  Would the vignetting they refer be an optical reaction between the two filters or just that the second filter would be too thick for the wide angle lens?

The solution I would suspect is to use a 4x4 polarizer.  Okay...... which one?  I realize that it doesn't matter whether it is linear or circular.  I have researched some and found that there are non-rotating filters.   How do these work and are they effective?  I have also found a rotating filter in a 4x4 frame that rotates via a finger wheel.  The lee holder would place a 4x4 filter from 3/8" to 1" from the lens.  It seems that this would cause vignetting also!

Any comments would be welcomed especially if you use an ArcBody.

Thanks,
John

duntov

Hasselblad ArcBody
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2006, 07:14:19 pm »

I forgot to mention that Hasselblad furnished a lens shade that slides into the lee holder.  Meaning that if the holder is rotated for the polaring filter, the shade also rotates.

Anon E. Mouse

• http://
Hasselblad ArcBody
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2006, 11:20:49 pm »

Some center filters have a larger front thread than a rear thread to allow other filters to be used without vignetting. My 67mm center filter has an 86mm front thread - I cannot used two 67mm filters stacked without vignetting on my SW camera (not an Arcbody). But you can check vignetting with your camera by opening the lens and looking through the corner of the film gate to see if the filter holder blocks the aperture. You can also shift and tilt the lens to see if this would be a problem. If there is slight vignetting, stop down until the vignetting object cannot be seen; that would be the maximum aperture you can use.
Pages: [1]   Go Up