Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Time to replace my HP Z3200 24 PS  (Read 1097 times)

kuau

Time to replace my HP Z3200 24 PS
« on: July 28, 2017, 04:19:50 pm »

Well after 7 years my Z3200 is dying, I’ve really enjoyed the printer especially it light use of ink and hardley ever clogged, I leave my printer on all the time but I may go a month without doing any prints.

So based on my spuratic usage I assume looking at a new Epson P6000/P7000 would not be a good choice then? Should I be looking at the Canon PRO-2000? I assume since I leave my printer on all the time, that either the Canon or Epson “should” not clog because of self cleaning that takes place yet is it correct to assume the Epson will still eat up more ink then the Canon when not used?

I have come to the conclusion that all these newer printers are all very good and it’s the user who determines how good they can be.

I am also looking at the smaller P800 and PRO-1000 I assume the same would apply in terms of idle ink usage?

I am in no way perpetuating the which is better Epson or Canon I am just looking for advice in which printer would serve me better with my spuratic usage.

Thanks

unesco

Re: Time to replace my HP Z3200 24 PS
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2017, 04:51:23 pm »

I have more daily experience with 17" printers rather then bigger ones.

Because of being non-heavy duty user I have chosen P800, and its earlier incarnation: 3880 (very minor clogging issues). It was to be Canon, but the Pro-1000 had increased problems with ink usage for maintenance (cases easily to find in the net). Canon makes firmware updates  to solve the problem (maybe it has been solved yet), but dozen of updates does not sound good. The most weird thing is that in some cases there is no problem at all, but some other users report unreasonable ink loss. Hope Canon knows the reason.

This does not happen with Pro-2/4000. If you had Z3200 (I would dream to have one!), probably you were the most happy with its matt output. Canon should be more vivid on glossy media, while Epson somewhere in between HP and Canon. All are great printers and the rest is your own configuration of your requirements.

hogloff

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2017, 05:55:50 pm »

Why not get another z3200?

kuau

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2017, 06:08:16 pm »

Though HP is still selling this printer, they never updated the APS software and actually dropped it all together, this is the adavanced profiling software which work hand in hand with the onboard Xrite Spector.
There is a workaround yet I think HP is getting out of the pro photo printer market.

hogloff

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2017, 07:22:10 pm »

Though HP is still selling this printer, they never updated the APS software and actually dropped it all together, this is the adavanced profiling software which work hand in hand with the onboard Xrite Spector.
There is a workaround yet I think HP is getting out of the pro photo printer market.

A while back earlier this year I believe I read here on this board about upcoming announcements of future HP photo printers. Forgot who said this, but I'd look into this as I also have a couple of Z3100 printers and use them sparingly at times and they are just a joy to use. Worth looking into as I've read enough about the clogging issues of other manufactures and the work arounds of printing a test pattern every few days...sounds like a lot of extra work.

Ernst Dinkla

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2017, 04:48:26 am »

Well after 7 years my Z3200 is dying, I’ve really enjoyed the printer especially it light use of ink and hardley ever clogged, I leave my printer on all the time but I may go a month without doing any prints.

Thanks

Dying in what way? You sure should check what the chances are to repair it.

The APS profile creator has some advantages compared to the Color Center profile creator but I do not notice it in the quality of the profiles. that was different with the Z3100. So if you can not use APS anymore there is a good alternative aboard.

Met vriendelijke groet, Ernst

http://www.pigment-print.com/spectralplots/spectrumviz_1.htm
March 2017 update, 750+ inkjet media white spectral plots
Pages: [1]   Go Up