Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sony E-Mount Lens on Nikon F-Mount Camera?  (Read 4573 times)

shadowblade

Re: Sony E-Mount Lens on Nikon F-Mount Camera?
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2017, 11:05:36 pm »

Why would you want to do that?

Not only will the lens not focus at infinity, it won't even be able to focus on anything that's sitting on the front element, let alone further than that.

BJL

Re: Sony E-Mount Lens on Nikon F-Mount Camera? for macro only
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2017, 11:25:19 am »

My question is it possible to mount a Sony E-Mount Lens on Nikon F-Mount Camera? If so, where could I find an adapter? If not, why is this not possible?
Aa the Nikon F mount is 28.5mm deeper than Sony E mount, it would be like adding a macro extension tube of a bit over 30mm (allowing for the thickness of the adaptor).  Such extensions have their uses (I know of 36mm extension tubes), but it would only serve a niche of macro photography with long enough lenses. So no surprise that no one is offering such adaptors.

Jim Kasson

• The Last Word
Re: Sony E-Mount Lens on Nikon F-Mount Camera? for macro only
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2017, 11:47:18 am »

Aa the Nikon F mount is 28.5mm deeper than Sony E mount, it would be like adding a macro extension tube of a bit over 30mm (allowing for the thickness of the adaptor).  Such extensions have their uses (I know of 36mm extension tubes), but it would only serve a niche of macro photography with long enough lenses. So no surprise that no one is offering such adaptors.

And, as mentioned earlier, the lens the OP wants to use has floating elements and thus probably wouldn't take kindly to the extension.

Jim
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up